Our COVID Policy
The Delta variant has caused surges in COVID-19 infections throughout the country. To mitigate the spread of the virus at our event, the following requirements must be followed by all participants at the 2021 O’Flaherty Irish Music Retreat:
All participants must be fully vaccinated.
To verify vaccinations, you must complete our questionnaire and upload a vaccination card or some other valid medical record from a health agency or authority. You can find the questionnaire on our POLICY page.
Currently, the CDC states that we should wear masks, regardless of vaccination status, when indoors in areas of “substantial or high transmission.” We will require masking in all public areas at the camp. The exceptions are as follows:
- During meals at the dining hall.
- During the whistle, flute and singing classes. These classes will be assigned to our largest meeting rooms and safe distancing will be established. Instructors will be miked through portable sound systems for better hearing.
- While participating in stage performances and informances as determined by the performers.
- When outdoors. If the weather is nice, some instructors may choose to conduct classes outdoors.
- In personal spaces, like hotel rooms or cabins.
- When not in contact with the general public.
Since we are requiring vaccinations, we will not require safe distancing except in our whistle, flute and singing classes where masks are impractical.
We will give a single warning to participants who do not follow our policies. At the second violation, participants may be withdrawn from some or all activities and/or asked to leave Camp Hoblitzelle.
Updates to Policy
It is possible that our policy could change as conditions improve or worsen. We will follow the guidance of the CDC and other health organizations that would apply to our event.