Earth Day is celebrated around the world on April 22. While Biotta cares for the environment throughout the year, Earth Day is a good opportunity to highlight some of the ways we are conscious of caring for the environment:
- Selling the unusable by-products from the processed vegetables and fruits to farmers for use as organic animal feed, ensuring that every element of the crop is put to good use.
- Printing labels on FSC-certified paper in an effort to meet the social, economic and ecological needs of present and future generations.
- Using only glass bottles, providing the best product protection and allowing for full retention of flavor, contents and nutrients as well as recyclability.
- Hosting five bee colonies (up to 300,000 bees) in our on-site bee hotel, supporting pollinators and plants.
- Being carbon neutral. Biotta's operations are entirely powered by renewable energy, saving at least 2,500 tons of CO2 per year.
You can learn more about the history, guiding principles and quality product of Biotta juices on our website.