Golden View Brings on the Fiesta for National Nursing Home Week
In observance of National Nursing Home Week, which runs from May 10 to May 16 this year, Golden View will host a series of events meant to help residents, families, friends and caregivers get together and have fun. This year's National Nursing Home Week theme makes it easy for everyone to get into party mode because the American Health Care Association (AHCA) designated it as the week to "Bring on the Fiesta."
“Our staff wants to make this a special time of entertainment and education for all, while focusing on bringing to life the week’s subtheme of Familia, Vida and Amor (Family, Life, Love)” said Assistant Administrator Rosemary Simino. “This is a special time. We want families to celebrate with residents, enjoying the crowds, activities, and food."
Golden View will hold several events to highlight Nursing Home Week including:
- May 11, 2:30 pm: Tex-Mex Country Music Concert starring Don Smith
- May 12, 12:30 pm: "Pollo Fritos" Luncheon
- May 12, 2:30 pm: "South of the Border" Guitar Sing-A-Lon with Julia Velie
- May 13, 12:30 pm: Mexican Fiesta featuring "Pancho" Norm on keyboard for residents and families. Each resident may invite two guests free of charge. Please RSVP by May 8 at the reception desk or by calling 279-8111
- May 13, 3:30 pm: Kid Jazz Band concert
- May 14, 2:30 pm: Jose Cuervo's "Hussong's Cantina" Party
- May 15, 10:30 am: "Hussong's Cantina" Great American Songbook Party starring Ronnie Chase
If you would like to attend any of the events, please RSVP at the reception desk or by calling 279-8111. National Nursing Home Week is an annual observance sponsored nationally by the American Health Care Association. For more information on National Nursing Home Week, visit www.nnhw.org.