Dear Precious Friend,
I pray this letter finds you and your family well. We all know the Coronavirus pandemic has caused much upheaval in our daily lives – spiritually, physically, emotionally, financially and mentally. As we’ve experienced social distancing, lockdowns, school closures, and event cancellations, Hope Remains Ranch has been blessed to reopen all our programs, except for returning to the schools in our Marvelous Mini’s program.
Our annual benefit ‘Blue Jeans & Pearls’ event, that normally occurs in October, has always been our largest fundraiser, and was cancelled due to COVID. This cancellation was difficult for us as it greatly impacted our necessary funding. We prayerfully considered what we could do differently to maintain social distancing and host an alternative event to compensate for some of the financial loss we experienced during the pandemic. In response, we hosted an outdoor event on November 14th called ‘Rambling on the Ranch.’ The Lord blessed us with over 215 guests, and provided nearly $65,000 in gifts at this special event!
Due to the pandemic, we were forced to make difficult decisions, and take some necessary steps over the summer months to keep our organization operating. These included:
As we continue to recover from the effects COVID has had on Hope Remains Ranch, we still need you! Below are some ways that you can help:
- Placing most employees on furlough
- Reducing staff
- Reducing pay and hours of current staff
- Cancelling events and programs through September
- Meeting regularly with Board members and committee members to re-plan and reschedule events
- Monitoring guidelines set forth by government officials and Spartanburg County school districts
- Share our mission with your contacts via phone, email and/or social media.
- Consider becoming a volunteer or mentor to a child or work with the adults we serve.
- Make plans to join us on Friday, March 19th, 2021 for our Sporting Clay Shoot at the Spartanburg Gun Club. Click here for more information.
- Pray for us, and those we serve regularly. We covet your prayers!
- Make a year-end tax deductible donation (click here to see the latest IRS update about a special deduction - even if you don't itemize!)
- Visit our website, www.HopeRemains.org to make a year-end, tax deductible gift. (You can even do so in someone’s honor or memory)
- Become a sustainer of hope by signing up for monthly automatic bank draft. Call us for more info at 864-249-3532.
- Mail a gift to us at Hope Remains Ranch, 1771 John Dodd Road, Wellford, SC 29385
These have been unprecedented times and we appreciate all your support and prayers! Together, we will get through this and we’re confident the Lord will provide. We can’t wait to update you in the new year concerning our schedule of events and programs for 2021.
May the Lord richly bless you always,
Founder & CEO