The City of Sausalito received the following update from the Marin County Sheriff's Office of Emergency Services at 5:45 p.m. on Monday, October 28:
- We have received reports that PG&E is currently turning power back on in Marin. However, while PG&E is working to restore power from this outage, we have also been notified of a second potential power shutoff that may occur early tomorrow morning, Tuesday, October 29. The outage could be widespread across Marin County and last a couple days.
- Even if your power is restored this evening, you may experience a second shutoff tomorrow. Please take this time to prepare for another outage: we urge you to use the opportunity to charge any medical equipment, phones and other electronic devices and to also restock emergency kits. You may only have a matter of hours.
- Updated status of charging stations, grocery stores and pharmacies is available at marincounty.org/emergency, in addition to outage safety tips and advice for contacting 9-1-1 with limited cell service.
- Please continue to check-in with your neighbors and know how to find your local public safety facility in case of emergency.
- The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning for Marin County for 8am Tuesday through 4pm Wednesday. Weather conditions call for strong winds and critically low humidity. Residents are strongly encouraged to exercise caution.