Event in Twin Cities:
As part of the "Advancing Racial Equity Speaker Series"
Authentic Community Engagement:
A necessary strategy for government to advance racial equity
When? August 17, 2016, 6pm – 8pm
(refreshments and registration beginning at 5:45)
Where? Hopkins Center for the Arts (1111 Main Street, Hopkins, MN 55343).
What? We will be lifting up community partnerships, focusing on “side-by-side” relationships that advance racial equity.
Who? We will be joined by:
- Mónica Hurtado, a racial justice and health equity organizer with Voices for Racial Justice, who will share expertise of community working with government.
- Dr. Raintry Salk, a Research Analyst at the Metropolitan Council, who will share expertise of government working with community.
- Denise Butler from the African Career, Education & Resource
- Larry Hiscock, from Nexus Community Partners
- A representative from Hennepin County (invited)
The event will also explore light rail planning: A case study of grassroots community, a non-profit intermediary, and government working together to plan a better light rail system.