House Republicans to Vote on ACA Repeal: Take Action Now!
|California Republicans Denham and Valadao being pressured by GOP leaders after Intense Pressure from Constituents
House Republicans are set to vote on the American Health Care Act (AHCA) Tomorrow, March 23rd and they have not nailed down the 216 votes they need to pass the bill on to the Senate. The AHCA will be devastating to seniors, children, immigrant communities and budgets at the state and county level.
The time is now to urge House members to oppose this bill – this is the final vote in the House. The House remains fractured. Our calls, emails and rallies have made a difference. We need to do everything we can to stop this bill in its tracks. Members, regardless of their position, need to hear from their constituents NOW.
We cannot stand by and let them make coverage more expensive and less accessible, gut Medicaid and strip away critical consumer protections all to fund tax cuts for wealthy Americans.
Take Action Now!
1. Call your representatives! Go to this Take Action Page to find the phone number for your member(s).
2. Participate in an Event!
- My name is XX. I live in your District.
- The repeal bill will hurt working families, children, seniors and people living with disabilities.
- California cannot afford dramatic cuts to our Medicaid program – we need to make sure that our safety net hospitals and vulnerable community members are adequately supported.
- We were promised that the GOP’s ACA repeal plan would provide better care, cover more people and cost less. This bill does exactly the opposite. We need a solution that builds on the progress we’ve made in expanding coverage and provides our community with the health and economic security we need.
Events are being scheduled this week throughout the state. See below for more information and how to get involved.
Wednesday, March 22nd
Thursday, March 23rd
- Informational Hearing in Fresno on GOP Proposal
- 1-4pm Fresno City Hall (2600 Fresno St)
- RSVP here
Friday, March 24th
- March and Rally in Los Angeles for ACA @ 11am RSVP here
- Press Conference on ACA’s 7th anniversary in Sacramento @ 11am West Steps of State Capitol. RSVP to Rachel Linn-Gish: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rapid Response Actions in Modesto, Clovis, Bakersfield, Palmdale, Huntington Beach and Brea. RSVP here
- Informational Hearing in San Diego on GOP Proposal
- 2:30 pm Fowler Family Ballroom Alumni Center 5500 Campanile Dr.
- Pink Out Friday Events planned by Planned Parenthood. Click on this link to find an event near you!