SHIPMENTS OF SPECIMENS TO THE BIOREPOSITORY HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT!
Sites are doing an amazing job preparing their shipments to send to our biorepository, BRI. In fact, in the past month BRI received 16 shipments and none of them had issues noted on the shipment reports. Thank you for paying careful attention to your shipments!
Common Errors to Avoid When Preparing your Shipments
Below are some common issues that we have noted. We wanted to let you know of the issues so you can prevent them at your site.
Shipment Notification Issues
- Using an outdated version of the shipping notification.
- Shipping notification was incomplete.
- For example:
- The total # of vials was missing
- “REPRIEVE” was not noted in the Other/ Specify field
- The full list of protocols was not included.
- An LDMS shipping file was not sent or was sent in the incorrect format.
- Specimen boxes were not labeled correctly with the lab # and batch #.
- Plastic specimen boxes were used (please use cardboard only).
- The paperwork and file disc were not placed within a protective and waterproof envelope or sealed folder.
Are You a non-ACTG Site and Need Help with the Shipping Module?
For non-ACTG sites needing help with the shipping module in Web LDMS, particularly creating the shipping file, please refer to the Shipping for REPRIEVE YouTube video which can be accessed via the link below.
The shipping file is an electronic file that is to be included with all shipments that are sent to BRI.
Instructions for creating the shipping file begin at minute 7:45 of the video. Similar videos for the other modules of Web LDMS are also available using the same link: https://www.ldms.org/resources/videos/
Revised LPCs Have Been Posted on the PSWP
Revised Lab Processing Charts (LPCs) for REPRIEVE (A5332), Non-Network LPC and the Mechanistic Study (A5333s) have been posted.
The modifications are minor and include:
REPRIEVE (A5332) Non-network LPC: A "3" replaced an "x" in Section 1, page 2 to indicate the volume of blood drawn for the CBC at Prem Treatment Disc /Prem. Study Disc.
Mechanistic Substudy (A5333s) LPC: A note was added as a reminder to obtain the CBC with differential required at Entry and Study Termination visits on the same day as the PBMCs are obtained--this enables our lab to analyze the monocyte data.