11: No school/No Extended Care
, Archdiocesan In-Service
14: Auction Family Procurement Deadline
16: Standing Scrip orders home
20: ASB-led Parish Mass (6th gr. leads), 9:30am at St. Bridget 10:30am at Assumption
23: Open House, 9:30-10:30
26: ASB Cross Country Bulldog Fun Run: Magnuson Park 9:45 am -12:00 pm
27: Halloween Carnival, 4-7pm
30: Noon dismissal, Conferences
31: Noon dismissal, Conferences
October 9, 2019
Dear Students, Families, Alumni, Parishioners, and Friends of ASB School,
Happy Wednesday! The weather has changed, fall is here, and our days are busy. Students are in the full swing of school and it is so rewarding to see the hard work they are doing each day. Please keep our 7th
graders in your prayers this week as they attend retreat, an important time for them to connect and build community.
Thank you to Parent Board for an awesome family dance on Friday! It was such a great event and fun to see so many families enjoying dancing and community.
Please check your Wednesday envelope! There are many items coming home including your volunteer recording sheet for July-September and your copy of the family roster.
As many of you know, we’ve already had several cases of head lice this year. If your child has lice, please treat them before they return to school. Home treatment and regular family checks are critical to stopping the spread of lice. If a student has lice, please pay attention to the letter sent home by the teachers regarding prevention and care.
Please mark your calendars!
- Auction – The deadline for Family Procurement is next Monday, October 14th. Please be sure your family’s donation is delivered to Mary House and you have completed the online donation from. Thank you to everyone who has completed this! We have some incredible items that are going to make our auction quite a success. Also, don’t forget to purchase your tickets to join us!
- Screenagers: The Next Chapter – Next Wednesday, we will be showing the sequel to Dr. Delaney Ruston’s Screenagers at 7:00 PM in the Assumption Fellowship Hall. Following, we will have a panel of experts to answer your questions.
- Open House – Our first Open House is Wednesday, October 23rd. If you know anyone interested in attending ASB, please send them our way that morning.
- Bulldog Fun Run - Join our cross country team on Saturday, October 26th at Magnuson Park for the first Bulldog Fun Run! It's only a mile - you can do it!
- Halloween Carnival – Our annual Halloween Carnival is just around the corner. Join us on Sunday, October 27th at St. Bridget for games, tricks, treats, and fun! Information has been coming home in the Wednesday envelope, so purchase your tickets now.
- Conferences – Sign-ups for fall conferences should be sent today. Conferences are October 30-November 1. This is an important time to connect with your child(ren)’s teacher(s) to discuss progress, goals and how to partner for success this year. We purposely make time in our schedule for conferences by scheduling half-days. Please note, these are still school days, not vacation days. If you choose to use them as such, teachers will likely not have outside availability to make up conferences. Thank you for respecting their time.
Have a great rest of the week and relaxing weekend!
ASB Traffic Reminders
Again we want to thank our parent community for their patience and their commitment to our construction traffic plan. One area that continues to be a challenge is the blocking of city streets, specifically 65th and 33rd. This is an area where neighbors and motorists have contacted ASB to complain with some of those motorists contacting the Seattle Police Department. Please remember that if there is not an opening to the ASB loop, you are not allowed to park on a city street waiting for a spot to open.
- Please do not hold, or park on 62nd street, east of 33rd Ave NE.
- This street is an exit for cars heading towards 35th Ave NE.
- Please do not block, or hold on city streets.
- This is illegal. Our afternoon traffic has been reported to the Seattle Police Department.
- It disrupts non-ASB traffic and neighbors and reflects poorly on ASB.
- If a driver is unable to enter the traffic loop, they should drive around the block until there is an opening in the traffic loop.
- School gets out at 3:00 pm (2:00 pm on Mondays).
- With the new and extremely condensed loop, there is no benefit to parents showing up early to pick up their children.
- If families can refrain from arriving at school to pick up their children until 2:50 or 3:00 pm the loop process will run more efficiently.
- This is especially true for families with middle school students.
- 5th grade students have started Safety Patrol service at ASB.
- Patrol officers are trained to keep traffic moving. These students will wait for a natural break in traffic to cross pedestrians. If you are exiting ASB, please keep moving to clear the area.
- Thank you so much to 5th grade families
Attention, all Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Graders!
ASB Theatre Ensemble is changing course for our winter musical, and we wanted to extend an invitation to all of you to join us for "Narnia." Based on the beloved novel by C.S. Lewis, this musical faithfully recreates the magic and mystery of Aslan, the great lion, his struggle with the White Witch, and the adventures of four children who inadvertently wander from an old wardrobe into the exciting, never-to-be-forgotten Narnia. The intense action features chases, duels and escapes as the witch is determined to keep Narnia in her possession and to end the reign of Aslan. This story of love, faith, courage and giving, with its triumph of good over evil, is a true celebration of life.
If you are interested in joining us for callbacks for "Narnia," please contact Ms. Olsen
LOST AND FOUND:
Please remember to label your children’s items, especially jackets and sweaters, things that get peeled off…
Also, as a reminder items in Lost and Found for a week or more will be donated to Mary House (if uniform appropriate) or to the church for St. Vincent de Paul donations. Finally, don’t forget to check the Lost and Found bin outside the girls’ bathroom in the primary wing. Unlabeled or illegibly marked items can’t be returned.
The sweet puppy pictured below has been in there and is overdue in donating. I hope someone claims before it is too late!
Any questions feel free to ask Debbie Dreis
or 206 331-0268. Thanks!
Late registration for the 2019-2020 CYO basketball season ends tonight at Midnight. Due to the quick turnaround time necessary to submit registrations to CYO, no late registrations may take place. Boys and girls in grades 4 – 8 are eligible to participate. Families may register for basketball by clicking the link below:
After October 10, no registrations can be accepted.
Basketball Assessments for Middle School Students
In middle school, basketball teams are split into varsity and junior varsity divisions. This requires an assessment process that allows assessors to determine the best fit for each player. Assessments will be held on Monday, October 14, and Tuesday, October 15 and Monday, October 21 and Tuesday, October 22. In order to be eligible for the varsity team, students need to attend at least one of the assessment nights, and two would be preferred.
The assessors will be looking at a wide variety of the skills including, ball handling, passing, shooting and court awareness. This process is designed to place each student on the team that will allow them to have the most success during the basketball season and we strive to create an environment that is low stress and lots of fun. Parents and coaches are not allowed in the gym to watch the assessments.
Please see our Athletic Handbook here
regarding assessments and policies on page 12.
Monday, 10/14 and Tuesday, 10/22
7th Grade: 7:00 pm to 7:45 pm
8th Grade: 8:00 pm to 8:45 pm
Tuesday, 10/15 and Monday, 10/21
6th Grade: 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm
7th Grade: 7:00 pm to 7:45 pm
8th Grade: 8:00 pm to 8:45 pm
Cross Country News:
ASB Cross Country had it's final meet fro grades K-3 this past weekend! Congrats to all of our runners who participated. Each one of you netted a point for team ASB!!
The Championship Meet for the 4th
Graders is this Sunday, 10/13, 1pm, at Woodland Park. Everyone who runs gets at least one point towards both the school championship and the Grade/Gender championship too! 1st
place is worth 20 points and then it goes down from there; i.e., 2nd
gets 19, 3rd
gets 18, etc.
4-8 Championship Meet
Sunday, October 14, 2017 @ 1 p.m.
ASB Cross Country is hosting the first ever
ASB Cross Country Bulldog Fun Run!
Saturday, October 26,
from 9:45 am to 12:00 pm.
ASB Cross Country is hosting a 1 mile or 5K event at Magnuson Park. Please join us, and please click on the link below for more information.
Bulldog Fun Run
Soccer season for all teams has begun. Good luck on the season to all of our teams.
Coaches of 5th-8th grade teams, please remember to submit your scores to CYO.
Thank you to all of our coaches, coordinators and volunteers. It is through your willingness to contribute and volunteer, that ASB achieves great success as a community and in athletics.
Next fall, our students will be exploring their new school. We are continuing to fundraise for this important project and every gift helps us reach our goal of $6.5 million. Pledges can be paid through 2021 - annually, quarterly, or monthly. Make Your Pledge Here
For questions and more information please reach out to Development Director,
Courtney Barker, at email@example.com
Together we Can Reach Our Goal - $6.5 million
Scrip is a great way to raise money for ASB by using gift cards to make purchases at the places you love!
Congratulations to our Scriptember Winners!
1. 7B wins a Top Pot donut party for having 70% of families with standing orders
2. Chad & Robyn Murphy win the drawing for $100 scrip for their choice
3. Free Dress Coupons will go home with next week's standing orders
Thank you to the 59% of families that ordered scrip last month and the 46% that have standing orders. We were able to replenish most of the standing orders lost after last year's large graduating class.
New standing orders are always encouraged to help keep the program running. To sign up, attach a VOID check to the Scrip EFT Authorization, write down your order and return it to the office in your Wednesday envelope. Once we have your authorization, any changes can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up Here for your Scrip or use your Wednesday envelope!
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
For everything Auction, Visit Our Website Here
Courtney Albertini, Michelle Cahill, and Tracy Erickson
ASB Extended Care is hiring!
There is no school and no Extended Care
this Friday, October 11th
as ASB School is out for a teacher inservice.
Assumption-St. Bridget School’s Extended Care program is currently looking for applicants to fill openings for our morning shifts, with hours up to five days a week. Morning shifts are 6:45 am to 8:45 am.
The primary goal of ASB Extended Care is to offer a safe environment for our students that can allow them a variety of activities and a continuation of the support and help they receive at our school. Previous childcare experience is a plus. Wages are competitive and based on previous experience.
If interested in applying for one of these openings please contact: Dylan Pouley
If you have not registered for ASB Extended Care, please do so at your earliest convenience. You may find all registration materials and information on the ASB School Extended Care web page
. If you have any questions about Extended Care, please do not hesitate to contact Dylan Pouley
or Kai Bond
we are happy to assist you in whatever way that we can.
Extended Care reminders:
- Extended Care registration forms can be found HERE
- Extended Care opens each morning at 7:00 am.
- Extended Care closes at 5:45 pm each afternoon.
- There will be NO SCHOOL and NO EXTENDED CARE Friday, October 11.
Halloween Carnival is Fast Approaching!
Don’t forget to buy your tickets NOW for the upcoming Halloween Carnival on Sunday, October 27th from 4-7pm at St Bridget’s Parish. Prizes for bake sale items and best costumes, as well as cool raffle prizes. Bring the whole family for afternoon fun including a bouncy house, face painting, and more! Need some volunteer hours? Sign Up Genius will be released soon or contact
or Lauren Carson
Diverse Learners Parent Group Meeting: October 24th, 7 pm
First Diverse Learners Parent Group Meeting of the School Year! Join us on Thursday, Oct 24th at 7 pm. Location: The Gunter Home at 6801 44th Pl NE. Meet fellow parents to socialize and share resources, learn about and discuss a topic of interest to the group (details will be shared next week), and bring a friend! Questions? Email Alethea Westover
for all the details about these FOUR great volunteer opportunities.
*Help with monthly St. Bridget scrip sales. Sign up HERE
Contact: Lisa Bekins VanDerhoef
* K-5 Families - help with your class Halloween Carnival booth
Contact: Your class room parent
Class Auction Projects
* Help with your class auction project (varies by class)
Contact: Your class room parent or the auction committee
Auction Dessert Dash
* Donate a dessert to the Dessert Dash
Contact: Rachel Guidon
For more information about volunteering at ASB, visit the Volunteering page HERE
on the website. Questions about volunteering in general? Email HERE
with "volunteering" in the subject line.
Traffic Duty, October 10th -- October 16th
(Thank you Fourth Grade Families! Note: Drop-off Location is on 62nd St. next to cones)
Thursday, 10/10: Loop -- Melia, Renna, Kelly, Kizzier; -- Drop-off -- Pritchard, Bruner
Friday, 10/11: NO SCHOOL!
Monday, 10/14; Loop -- Westover, Abrams (Hupf), Lockwood, Hulett; Drop-off -- Cohn, McCormick
Tuesday, 10/15: Loop -- Rosellini, Franson, Blue, Davis; Drop-off -- Laughery, Othman
Wednesday, 10/16: Loop -- Watson, Burns, Gray, Barrett; Drop-off -- Kheriaty, Volk
We are looking for Parent Ambassadors to help during
Open House events!
if you are able to:
- Help at an Open House, greeting prospective families and accompanying Student Ambassadors on tours (9:00am to 10:30am). Thank you!
Assumption Parish Children's Choir
Is open to all ASB School students in 1st though 8th grades. Learn tons about healthy singing technique, sing beloved tunes, and learn challenging and exciting musical literature. We meet every Tuesday at 3:05 at the Big Toy. Rehearsals (3:15-4:15) are in Assumption Church. You can register for Children's Choir by going HERE
Youth Group at Assumption is getting a whole new look! This year, co-Youth Ministers Kai Bond and Julie Olsen will be offering a wide variety of activities and service opportunities. Watch this space for further announcements!
Do you know someone searching for God and community?
Do you know someone not baptized or baptized in another Christian tradition, who is curious about becoming Catholic?
Do you know someone already Catholic but has not yet received Confirmation & Communion? They may be a spouse, co-worker, neighbor or other family member. Please invite them to our Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) - a path for welcoming new inquirers into our community of believers. It is for a place to ask questions and seek understanding.
St. Bridget Pumpkin Carving Contest
- New Mass Time - Starting Wednesday, September 4th, we are starting new morning Mass times. Beginning September 4th, St. Bridget’s morning Mass time is moving from 8am to 9am.
- Starting September 9th, join starting at 8:30 before Mass for coffee and fellowship. Parents, this is a great opportunity to join us after dropping off your kids at school!
St Bridget's Pumpkin Carving Contest at St. Bridget's Parish Hall: Sunday, Oct. 20th, 4:30-7 pm
1st Communion & 1st Reconciliation Sacramental Prep
@ St. Bridget Registration is now available on-line for students in 2nd grade wishing to receive these sacraments for the first time. Go to the First Communion page under the SACRAMENTS HERE for all the details. Classes begin Monday, October 28. *If you have a child older than 2nd grade wishing to prepare for these sacraments, please contact Carla by September 23.
Seattle Prep News
Middle school families, learn more about Seattle Prep HERE
Bishop Blanchet News
Middle school families, learn more about Bishop Blanchet HERE
8th grade visit info HERE
Open House info HERE
Brave access pass info HERE
Holy Names News
Middle school families, learn more about Holy Names Academy HERE
Middle school families, learn more about O'Dea HERE
Roosevelt HS News
Middle school families learn more about RHS HERE
ROUGH RIDER GIRLS FEEDER BASKETBALL TRYOUTS!!! information HERE
Archbishop Murphy News
Middle school families, learn more about Archbishop Murphy HS HERE