Dear <<First Name>>,
The Nominating Committee hereby presents to the congregation of Fairfax Presbyterian Church the following slate of 9 (nine) nominees for election to the Associate Pastor Nominating Committee.
After receiving the names of those self-nominated and soliciting prospective nominee names from the congregation, the slate of names now submitted to you was compiled and vetted. Our goal as a committee was to represent the demographic diversity of the congregation, as well as what we believe to be the interests, values, and priorities of our church membership body. We sought to ensure that all nominees represented the following characteristics, to the best of our knowledge:
- Member of the Church for at least a year;
- Person who is in good health and ability, to the extent that attendance at meetings and/or travel may be required;
- Person who has attended many church functions;
- Person who attempts to meet and interact with many members;
- Person who is pleasant and courteous in their interactions with others;
- Person who follows through with assigned responsibilities; and
- Person who has the time necessary to commit to this very responsible project
It is the FPC Nominating Committee’s sincere hope and prayer that the congregation will elect as submitted this Associate Pastor Search Committee, which we firmly believe represents the whole of the church. The nominees are as follows:
- Rochon Bumgardner
- Nataleigh Cromwell
- Bob Drake
- Chris Lawrence
- Dick Lessard
- Connor Richmond
- Dillon Taylor
- Nora Thapa
- Sheri Zimmerman
The tenth and final member will be assigned by the National Capital Presbytery to assist and guide in this process.
These nominees will be voted on at a Congregational Meeting called for Sunday, June 5, in the Sanctuary, following the 9:30 am Glebe Sunday service of worship.
Mary Yee, Matt Scheeser, Vasantha Rayman, and Ako Cromwell
(The 2022 Nominating Committee)