From the Chairman
As there is little or no community spread of Coronavirus in Queensland, the Board has determined it safe to Move to Stage 3 of the Queensland State Government Roadmap allowing greater numbers to attend the Centre. The Roadmap includes continuing requirements of social distancing, hand hygiene, care when coughing or sneezing , a four square metre rule and surface hygiene. For these reasons, numbers will be limited for some activities and operational rules will apply. We have satisfied the Government's requirements for opening but are still subject to Health Department inspections which can lead to penalties for breaches. A major consideration for the Board's delay in moving to Stage 3 is the vulnerable age group of our members. We ask all members to maintain the good standard that has been set with the guidelines to ensure that no slip-up brings about another complete closure of the Centre.
Our experience with online delivery of Yoga, Pilates and QiGong has brought the realisation that we can expand our online provision for those who find doing online activities more convenient.The Board is eager to set up a working group to investigate this further. If you are confident of your computer skills, have a creative bent and would be willing to help, please contact me at email@example.com
Don't hesitate. We need help and please remember that, if you are visiting the Centre, all protocols must be observed to ensure that we do not risk another shutdown.
From the CEO
As you all have been eagerly waiting for the re-opening, after some careful planning and staying on course with the law and directives as per QLD Health department, the Board and Management extends a warm welcome to our members back to the centre from 3 August 2020.
The welcoming extends to a new environment at DSC in which each area of each activity is limited to the 4sqm rule per person and 1.5metre distancing. Moreover, compliance for COVID Safe plans including checklist, protocols and work health and safety plan for COVID has been implemented. What all this means, is there are restrictions in place but we are making it possible under the rules for your activity to take place.
Once again, a new timetable will be in place from 3 August 2020. This is more or less similar to your pre-covid timetable. However, certain activity timings have been altered, and certain activities are still missing, simply due to the time restriction. Cafe seating area is also restricted, and hence will be on first come first serve basis. Members are asked to be courteous and leave as soon as your meals are finished so that other customers can come in. Bus trips remain suspended but are under our review constantly.
Please Maintain Rules with the Stage 3 Re-opening
- All members are required to sign in at your activity, with your name, phone number, and signature all clearely printed. The sign in process is moved to each activity, so as to avoid the rush at the entry/exit area in reception.
- Social distancing, hand hygiene, all must be met at all times while in the centre
- Please do not move tables or chairs or any markings which have been placed to maintain social distancing. Your activity will be set up according to the rules and room size limitations.
- The timetable states the time of your activity. Please do not crowd in groups in common areas. Please leave as soon as your activity is over, unless going to cafe etc.
- While you are in the activity you are welcome to have a meal at the cafe, or go to the library etc.
- No communal tea/coffee or water stations available under the COVID restrictions. You are still welcome to order anything from the cafe. No food may be brought in for groups to share etc.
- Library open. Limited to no more than 3 people at a time.
- Maintain social distancing in office, cafe, and foyer areas at all times. Please try to bring the right change of money for your activity.
- For the detailed list of our protocols please CLICK HERE
Due to our current restricted allowance of accomodating members,
- WALK-INS and new members are allowed,. However, will be limited to the number of people in the centre. Please check/cooperate with the reception staff, who will be monitoring people in and out of the building.
- For Cafe, seating area is also restricted, and hence will be on first come first serve basis. Members are asked to be courteous and leave as soon as your meals are finished so that next customers can come in. Takeaway orders still possible.
- Not all activity can resume but Stage 3 allows most of the activities back. We have put forward this timetable to make it work according to the laws we need to adhere to.
- Day Trips are currently cancelled.
As we constantly hear in the news, we cannot be complacent. We are still living through the COVID environment and still risk another shutdown if things are going out of control in Queensland. However let's all do our part and practise social distancing, hand sanitising, and stay home if unwell.
Lastly, requesting members to support the centre. I understand we have been forced to only have restricted members in the centre but options to renew memberships have been made online or by calling us in our office. With the further easing, I request members to renew your membership while at the centre. All renewals and new members by 31st Aug 2020 go into a draw to win a hamper. So please don't delay. Also, make use of the discount that if you renew before 31st August it is only $16.50. All renewals from 1st September will be $22.00
Looking forward to seeing most of our members back.
REQUEST FOR DONATIONS & MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS
The Board has decided to request members who wish to retain the Donald Simpson Community Centre as an operating provision of health benefits to the community to consider whether you can continue to support it financially.
There are a number of ways you could do this
- Pay 2020 dues if you have not done so (this can be done over the phone and, soon, online)
- Make a donation or make regular small donations if you are able to.
- Ask relatives or friends to support us with donations (donations are tax deductible if you are a taxpayer. Information from the Centre).
For those who wish TO MAKE a donation, you can either phone us on 38211089 and pay via credit card over the phone, OR please see below our BSB and Bank Account details and you can direct transfer your amount.
BSB – 633 000
Account Number – 152 710 448
Account Name – Donald Simpson Community Centre
Reference – Your Full Name