Can't Join Us for Advocacy Day?
I know you can't all join us in Albany for Advocacy on Wednesday, February 28th, but you can still help advocate for equitable library funding.
On Wednesday, call your NYS Senator and Assemblymember in Albany and remind them that libraries are a critical part of communities' education infrastructure. Speak out in favor of our three legislative priorities:
Who to call in the Senate:
- Increase state library aid to $100M, an increase that is proportional to the proposed increase in education funding
- Increase the funds available in the NYS Library Construction Aid program to $30M to meet the critical capital needs of our aging library buildings
- Reduce the required match for libraries to participate in the Library Construction Aid program to 10%. This change in legislation will make sure that small and rural communities can access these funds.
Who to call in the Assembly:
- Senator Helming, 518-455-2366: Canandaigua, Geneva, Gorham, Phelps, Clifton Springs, Red Jacket, Wayne County
- Senator Funke, 518-455-2215: Bloomfield, Bristol, Naples, Victor, Allens Hill
- Senator Gallivan, 518-455-3471: Avon, Caledonia, Lima, Geneseo, Wyoming County
- Senator Young, 518-455-3563: Livonia, Dansville, Nunda, Mount Morris
Thank you for lending your voice,
- Assemblyman DiPietro, 518-455-5314: Wyoming County
- Assemblyman Errigo, 518-455-5662: Livingston County
- Assemblyman Oaks, 518-455-5655: Wayne County
- Assembly Minority Leader Kolb, 518-455-3751: Ontario County