Recipes of the Week:
Pole beans are really coming on strong, so I figured I would give you more bean recipes!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill (or 2 tsp dried)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar or honey
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Bring water to boil in a pot. Add beans; cook 3-5 minutes. Drain when beans are still bright green and just tender. Stir dill into warm beans. Combine garlic, red pepper flakes, vinegar and sugar/honey in a saucepan and quickly bring to boil. Simmer 2 minutes. Pour dressing over beans and mix well. Add oil and toss. Serve hot or chilled for 20 minutes. Serves 4.
Garlicky Roasted Romano Beans
Set oven at 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the whole beans with the oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Spread the beans into a single layer. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, or until the beans are tender and browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 1 lb. Romano beans, stem ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, broken up and bruised
- Salt and pepper, to taste