jkp-ads.com Newsletter for March 2017
RefTreeAnalyser updated again
Those of you who own a license to my RefTreeAnalyser already know that a license entitles you to free updates. Not just that, I also update the tool regularly. Sometimes fixing bugs, often also by adding new functionality. Only today I read Dick Kusleika's Dailydoseofexcel.com where he posted about wanting to go to a pivottables' source by pressing control+[. I found that to be such a good idea that I've implemented this into the utility today and uploaded a new build to the site. If you have it installed, you should be prompted for an update soon.
The Amsterdam Excel Summit
Registration is going strong on our 2017 Amsterdam Excel Summit. Make sure you register soon as the number of available seats is limited and we're closing in on a full house!
To spark your interest I have summarized the content we expect to offer below:
April 18th, 2017: Pre-conference day: The Excel Data Analysis And Reporting Masterclass, an entire day of in-depth training by die-hard Excel experts covering these subjects:
April 19, 2017: The Amsterdam Excel Summit. Featuring Excel MVPs from all over the world presenting in their core expertise areas. Also featuring: Product managers from the Microsoft Excel team.
- How to use streaming datasets in Power BI
- Using Power Query for your ultimate data preparation
- Designing your model for charts and dashboards. What does it take to prepare your data for charting
- How do I piece together a good-looking dashboard
- A keynote by Microsoft Excel Program manager Yigal Edery, bringing us up to speed on what's next for Excel
- A total of eight sessions split over two tracks:
- The "Power BI" track, covering a variety of subjects all related to the Power tools of Excel:
- Automate you data preparation using Power Query
- Power Query versus Native Excel: the Battle
- Creating dynamic financial statements using Power Pivot
- Moving beyond Excel with Power BI
- The "Deep into Excel" track covering a wide range of subjects including things like:
- What programming technology should I use to automate Excel?
- How do I make sure my financial model is correct?
- Using Bing Maps in Excel
Register now, limited space left!
Registration is coming along nicely so make sure you get one of the remaining seats! Book your seats now!
The complete program can be found on our event site topexcelclass.com
Two outstanding trainings by ExcelGuru.com
Live Power BI Training
Ken Puls from Excelguru is leading a 3-day, hands-on boot camp February 22 - 24 in Vancouver, Canada that will allow you to hit the ground running with Power BI. Visit http://xlguru.ca/data2dashboards for full course details and registration.
Online Power Query Workshop
The next live, online workshop by the team at Power Query Training is running March 1 – 2. If you use Excel to clean, reshape, transform or combine data then this is the workshop for you. More information and registration available at https://www.powerquery.training.