Copy
Website
Email
Instagram
LinkedIn
WSL Drives Ocean Protection Petition
The World Surf League (WSL) and partners recently announced the We Are One Ocean campaign ~ encouraging world leaders to protect 30 percent of our global ocean by the year 2030 (or 30x30) and strengthen conservation of the remaining 70 percent.

Take a moment to read our latest discussion article on the importance of ocean conservation, with a nod to the above WSL campaign and exclusive words of wisdom from experts in this realm.
Collective Action : In This Together
We've expanded our network of Global Consultants to join forces with some of the freshest talent from across the ocean. Connected by a shared passion for sustainability, innovation, and a desire to shape a better future for us all.

Check out our redesigned Team page to read more about Amy, Charlie, Gabriella, Jordi and
François. This week, Charlie was featured in STAB magazine with news of his latest creation, a surfboard boasting an 80% seaweed-based foam core.
The WSL Aussie Bubble
It came as a bit of a surprise to see the traditional stops of the world tour (in recent years) to be replaced by Rottnest Island, Narrabeen and Newcastle, in a reshuffled format mostly due to Covid + Aussie political matters. One of the remaining pillars of the tour, Margaret River, still remains.

Anyways ~ we'll be heading to Newcastle and Narrabeen (both aren't far from Wave Changer HQ) so we might see you there...
Urban Surf 4 Kids
Earlier this month we had the privilege to talk, via Zoom, with the staff and youths of Urban Surf 4 Kids about the subject of sustainability and surfing, with a presentation titled The Future of Surfing. We were stoked to meet this awesome, dedicated crew ~ demonstrating how surfing can be an exciting and non-traditional form of therapy.
Check out The Surfing Historian, a brand new podcast produced and hosted by Prof Jason Old, one of our founding Ambassadors and Global Consultants here at Wave Changer. [Also available on Apple iTunes and most major podcast providers]
---
Are you a resident of South Sydney / Sutherland or its surrounding suburbs? Mark Riley is offering workshops to hand-shape your very own balsawood surfboard.
---
Some environmental stories from around the world that have grabbed our attention this month:
Prototype water bottle made from paper, fully adaptable bricks made from waste fabrics, alternative cattle feed made from seaweed, and finally ~ see how South Korea have been tackling food waste.
---
See you next time ~ thanks for joining us and stay safe.
Wave Changer acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the first inhabitants of the nation and the traditional custodians of the lands where we live, learn and work.
Website
LinkedIn
Instagram
Artwork and design by Fish Pencil
view this email in your browser
Copyright © 2020 Wave Changer, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Please use our CONTACT form to get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.






This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Wave Changer · Manly Beach [Aus] · MANLY, NSW 2095 · Australia

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp