TRS Recital Time!
Sunday, May 21
Performers please email Jennifer by Wednesday to let her know your pieces. (see info below)
Join us for the annual TRS Recital on May 21 at 3:00 pm at Croasdaile Village
, Ponder Auditorium
Performers may include solos, groups, all levels, and various instruments. Don’t be shy about participating! We all enjoy the sounds of recorders and appreciate the range of skills that we bring together. If you or your group plan to play, please sign up by emailing Jennifer Streeter (email@example.com
) by Wednesday, May 17 with the information requested below.
Small groups are welcome to start practicing at 2:15, and we will all join to practice group finale pieces promptly at 2:35. Everyone should be finished with their warm-ups by then so they can join the group. For our tutti ending pieces people should practice It was a lover and his lass
, p 40-41 (SA8TB) and Satyr's Dance
, p 60-61 (SA8ATB)
Invite your friends and families to join us! The concert is free, informal, and open to the public. We will have a reception afterwards, so TRS members please bring finger foods for sharing.
As a courtesy, please do not leave after you play (unless absolutely necessary). Stay and enjoy everyone's performance!
Please email Jennifer
the following information about what you are planning to play. Include the following:
- Name of piece, with movements, sub-titles, etc. (If it's a set of pieces, you can name the set if you like, with the individual pieces under it)
- Composer and/or arranger, preferably with dates
- Name of group, director, as appropriate
- Performer(s), if you wish to list them separately, along with any instruments being played other than recorder
- Number of chairs needed, and arrangement (please bring your own stand with appropriate identification so you can go home with it!)
- Any desires about being early or late in the program, before or after other pieces in the program, etc.
- Name and PHONE NUMBER for contact person for the group
- If your performance is longer than about 5-6 minutes, indicate which portions you are willing to cut if time becomes an issue. I'll let you know ahead of time should that become necessary.
- Please bring your own stands and a stand light (if you have one).