Spring is here!
Now that is super fun to say. Even if it may not be sunny and birds singing every morning yet, the energy of spring is certainly in the air. So lets get down to business and talk about some simple spring cleaning steps for your body. Whaaat? Don't worry, I am not talking about dusting, polishing or a crazy restrictive cleanse diet. I am talking about the real deal here, sustainable and realistic to make sure you are feeling your best (no guilt included) and ready to take on spring and all that comes with it.
6 Steps For Spring Cleaning Your Body
1. Crowd out your plate with leafy greens, veggies, whole grains and plenty of water. This is going to help with any inflammation, extra water retention and assist your digestive tract to be at its top performance level. You may even consider cutting down on gluten, sugar, soda, caffeine, alcohol, red meat and any processed foods for one week to give it a kick start. See how your body feels with it. You may just like it.
2. Get those pipes working properly with daily lemon water in the morning. If that does not work for you try helping things move along with herbal teas, straight up green juice and herbs like slippery elm and buckthorn along with lots and lots of water.
3. Now help your liver clean up and get some extra filtering power with added fiber like flaxseed, chia. Add in beets, ginger, citrus fruits, carrots, dark leafy greens and green juice here as well to remove even more toxins out of your body.
4. Assist your urinary tract by adding in parsely, asparagus and pure cranberry juice (not the sugared up unnatural stuff please!) That combined with plenty of water will have you functioning at 100% and feeling no bloat.
5. Give your lymphatic system a spring fling with some rebounding time. Not only is it great for moving lymphatic fluid, it is really fun and great exercise too. Massages work nicely as well so treat yourself to one! Or just simple skin brushing at home starting at your feet and going up towards your heart with a natural bristle brush on dry skin before each shower is super great for you and your lymphatic system too. Make sure to avoid your face and sensitive areas of your chest (ouch!)
6. Overall overhaul for Spring with deep cleansing breaths. Sounds silly but whether it is a mental break or an emotional break you need. Your cleansing breath can give you clarity in what you need to tackle next, your cleansing breath will give you calm in your heart as you approach your day and your cleansing breath will give you strength and fortitude to go forth. How to perform cleansing breath? Simply just breath in through your nose 4 counts, hold for 7 and exhale through your mouth for 8 counts. Imagine a wave rising and receding and enjoy the moment. You can repeat up to 3-4 times in a row or just do once.You will release stress and anxiety and the toxic build up in your body that occurs when we hold on to stress and anxiety. You may find that journaling after your cleansing breaths will help you clean out the clutter even further. Extra added health benefits if you can enjoy these cleansing breaths outside!
I will be sharing some great Spring focused recipes on my Facebook, instagram and twitter pages so please check them out and stay connected.
Cheers to you and to the sweetness of spring!
RED Integrative Health Coach offers individual coaching, grocery food tours, smoothie workshops, group sessions, lunch & learns & more. Take the first step to a healthier & happier new you! www.REDIntegrativeHealthCoach.com get recipes, tips, newsletters. Book your consult today to connect the dots between who you are and who you want to be, creating your own personal blueprint based on your body’s unique and individual needs, not depriving yourself anymore but setting your personal goals and work towards sustainable change.
#PAUSEreflectevolvedesignyournewlifestyleandnewyouNOW! #onelifetolive #REDIntegrativeHealthCoach #nutritionschool #eatCleanREALFood #WELLCARE #authenticselfhealing #thinkstrongfeelstrongbestrong #transformation #functionalnutrition #meditate #hydrate #peace #giveyourselfthegiftofhealth #goals #resolutions #loveyourself #selfcare #foodISmedicine #springcleanyou