Registrations closing soon...don't miss out!
10 days left to register
Nutritionists, consultants, vets, producers, all welcome
DAY 1 CONFERENCE 8.30am registration - 4pm Headricks Lane Brewery
- Using nutrition to select for more efficient cattle on protein limiting diets & Targeted cow nutrition to improve calf health and survival from keynote speaker Dr Luis Prada e Silva
- Improving profit & resilience of beef businesses
- Backgrounding and starter cattle plus drought considerations
- A case study balancing minerals to on farm resources
- Pasture dieback and practical applications,
- Phosphorous research update
- plus more
Pre-dinner drinks and dinner 5.30pm at Headricks Lane Brewery (did we mention it is a brewery?)
FARM TOURS 8.00am - 3.00pm Bus departs and returns to Empire Apartment Hotel via the airport at 3.30pm
Hear from: 1. The farm owners on how they have increased irrigation infrastructure during their take-over growth phase to grow and conserve more forage, 2. their consultant Dave Barber, and 3. a silage quality assessment session with Lallemand.
Hear from Dr Maree Bowen on Improving beef business productivity and profitability with high quality forages, plus quick presentations from DAF Extension Officers and Scientists on: Current tools and resources for grazing cattle production systems, Monitoring and measuring grazing land health, Analysing beef businesses and evaluating management strategies, Analysing beef businesses and evaluating management strategies