RoHS, Restriction of Hazardous Substances, is a European regulation intended to minimize the use of hazardous materials in electric and electronic equipment (EEE).
BUFAB does not sell this kind of products, but we do sell to customers selling these equipment. That is the reason why Bufab is affected by RoHS.
There are 6 chemicals which are banned in RoHS with some use and concentrate exemptions. Here we only relate to those exemptions (in brackets) which affect our products.
- Lead (Pb) and its compounds (exempt as additive in steel (0,35%), copper(4%) and aluminum (0,4%))
- Mercury (Hg) and its compounds
- Cadmium (Cd) and its compounds
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE, e.g. PentaBDE and OctaBDE)
- Chromium (Cr (VI)) and its compounds (0,1% by weight in homogeneous material
Contact your local salesman for more information.