LAUNCH Together Partner Retreat Recap
Thank you to everyone who attended the kick-off Partner Retreat on January 7-8, 2016 in Denver! Over 70 community members and resource partners contributed time and expertise to achieve a common understanding of the LAUNCH Together concept and identify next steps in the planning process.
As follow-up to the Retreat, Community Partners should have received an invite to Big Tent – a free online networking platform used to share resources specific to LAUNCH Together communities featuring a secure discussion forum, files, templates and a calendar of important events. Be sure to click the link in the email to create your account. LAUNCH Together staff will approve your membership quickly (1-2 days) so you can get started! If you didn't receive an invite yet, please email email@example.com.
Latest Community Resources
Check out www.launchtogethercolorado.org and Big Tent to access LAUNCH Together resources. These are intended to support communities in creating a vision for early childhood health and well-being and inform partners about the innovative work happening in Colorado and around the country. You’ll also see a list of resources we are working to develop to best meet community needs. If there is a resource you think would be helpful to add, let us know!
- LAUNCH Together 2-page Brief and Introductory Slides
- LAUNCH Together Planning Tool Guidance and Word Templates
- Partner Retreat Presentations and Handouts (only on Big Tent)
- Community Readiness Assessment Scoring Calculator
- Colorado Project LAUNCH (COPL) Environmental Scan and Strategic Plan
In the Works:
Several organizations and systems-building initiatives are sharing valuable resources that can help inform our LAUNCH Together work. You may want to subscribe to “Our Voice: Colorado’s Early Childhood Systems Newsletter” and the Colorado Children’s Campaign “KidsFlash News”. Here are a few additional upcoming partner organization activities and resources:
Need additional support? Please have your community lead initiate a request for technical assistance by contacting Molly Yost, Technical Assistance & Policy Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Early Milestones is committed to providing timely and individualized support to ensure communities are successful in developing their vision and completing the planning tools. For questions regarding budget or contracts, please contact Morgan Janke, Project Director, at email@example.com.
- LAUNCH Together Planning Tool webinars
- Opportunities to dive deeper on the five LAUNCH promotion and prevention strategies
- Spanish translation of the LAUNCH Together 2-page Brief
- Additional guidance on planning tools based on questions from the Partner Retreat
- Process for requesting state agency data for your Environmental Scan and guidance on local agency contacts to engage in the planning process
- Sample confidentiality/consent forms for the Community Readiness Assessment interviews
LAUNCH Together Community Highlights & Upcoming Deadlines
Upcoming Grant Deadlines:
Fremont and Chaffee are replicating the Partner Retreat World Café on the five LAUNCH promotion and prevention strategies at their upcoming Planning Committee Meeting. The World Café model can be a great way to orient stakeholders to each strategy and encourage small group discussion to identify concrete next steps.
Do you have an innovative approach you'd like to share with the LAUNCH Together Learning Community? If so, please contact Molly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 11-15: Planning Committee Member Pre-Survey Window coordinated by the Butler Institute for Families, University of Denver
- January 18-28: Site Visit and Focus Group Window coordinated by The Implementation Group
- January 29: Monthly Technical Assistance Questionnaire coordinated by the Butler Institute for Families, University of Denver
- March 1: Submit DRAFT Community Readiness Assessment to email@example.com