TAVA President Message
Welcome to the 13th issue of The Transgender American Veterans Association (TAVA) e-Newsletter! The aim of this publication is to keep you informed and updated concerning the transgender veteran community. The TAVA e-Newsletter is published quarterly. Each issue brings you the latest information on new TAVA initiatives, TAVA partners, conferences TAVA will send a representative to, and news items that are of interest for the transgender veteran and community. To make sure you stay connected, please subscribe to TAVA's quarterly newsletter via the TAVA website.
We also encourage our followers to join and/or renew your membership. For more information on TAVA membership, please visit: http://bit.ly/2crZ1aV. We hope you find the TAVA e-Newsletter as a valuable resource in collecting information about TAVA and the issues concerning you, the transgender veteran. We welcome your suggestions and feedback. You can contact us directly on the website at http://transveteran.org/contact-us-page/.
MAJ, U.S. Army (Ret.)
Transgender American Veterans Association (TAVA)
The TAVA website is regularly updated to bring you the most current information. The variety of resources, documents, and other applicable materials are presented in a user-friendly format with the ease of simple navigation.
Points of interest...
- Beneficiary Form - Newly added to the website , TAVA now has a Beneficiary Form with instructions. Generally, you can name anyone, even a charity, as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy or retirement account. To help make this process easier, TAVA has posted full instructions with a short form in the event you elect to name TAVA as your beneficiary.
- VHA Directive 1341 - Providing Health Care For Transgender And Intersex Veterans - Updated 23 May 2018 - Print and take a copy with you to VA appointments.
- Transgender Ban Talking Points - Updated talking points concerning the transgender military ban. You will find a wealth of information including common misconceptions, reflections, history, the decision, the policy, and additional resources with citations.
- Press Releases and News - Newly added tab containing TAVA press releases and news.
- FAQ - A know your rights section answering our most popular questions.
- Trans Support Locator - Searchable map pinpointing the closest transgender-related support groups near your area. If you have a listing to include, please fill out the website form.
- Passport Facility Locator - Makes it fast and easy to locate your nearest passport acceptance facility.
- Journalist Tips - Guidance for those writing on trans veterans and active duty service members.
- DEERS Info - Frequently asked questions regarding changing your name and gender in DEERS.
- Recommended Links - Government; Legal; LGBT Veteran and Military; National/Federal Agencies; VA and VA-related forms.
- Veteran Benefits State Map - Click on a state for benefit information such as Education Benefits; Financial Assistance; Employment Resources; Housing Links; Legal Resources; and other state benefits info.
TAVA has the ability to connect people with pro bono attorneys to assist with upgrading your DD-214. In addition, TAVA always has a DD-214 name change guide available on our website. It gives example verbiage for the DD-149 Form, which is the Application for Correction of Military Records. If you require assistance, please message TAVA President Evan at firstname.lastname@example.org For more info, visit https://bit.ly/2SPEi17.
Support TAVA each time you shop with AmazonSmile
Did you know you can elect to have a small proceed of your Amazon purchases go to TAVA each time you shop with AmazonSmile?Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to TAVA. What a great way to support transgender veterans! Select TAVA to add our organization as your charity of choice. To get started visit: https://smile.amazon.com/.
Members are the foundation of TAVA's strength. Our membership model allows anyone to join regardless of their financial ability. Choose what level best meets your needs. Your generous gift enables TAVA’s programs, advocacy, and outreach to be stronger and effective. Become a member and join a grassroots force which supports over 134,000 transgender veterans. Sign up and sign on at http://bit.ly/2crZ1aV.
TAVA Advocacy & Outreach
As a grassroots organization, TAVA advocates for fair and equal treatment of transgender military veterans and service members using a combination of advocacy, outreach, and assistance. As prideful military veterans, you inspire us to do better, taking action for every veteran and waking each morning to fight even harder than the day before.
- Global Initiative Path
TAVA Board Member Zander taught eight sessions on how to navigate VA care for transgender patients.
- Verizon Commercial
In March 2019, TAVA National President Evan participated in a Verizon commercial.
- Fight The Ban Rally, Washington, D.C.
On April 10, 2019, TAVA Treasurer Jennifer was invited to be one of the featured speakers at the historic Fight the Ban Rally in D.C. Jennifer joined current and former transgender service members, members of Congress, and transgender leaders to call on Congress to pass legislation to stop this harmful ban once and for all. TAVA co-hosted the rally with other organizations. Watch Jennifer's speech: http://bit.ly/33lGx2D This link shows the full rally video: http://bit.ly/2ZJdKDb
- LGBTQ Veterans Face Compounding Mental Health Challenges
On April 10, 2019, TAVA Media Affairs Officer Denny was interviewed concerning compounding mental health challenges for LGBTQ Veterans. You can read Denny's interview here http://bit.ly/2YoK7Ks
- Canadian Embassy Reception
On April 11, 2019, TAVA Treasurer Jennifer Long and TAVA Media Affairs Officer Denny Meyer attended this reception celebrating the reconciliation and memorialization efforts by Canada to former LGBTQ* federal employees.
- Washington Blade Article
On April 11, 2019, TAVA Treasurer Jennifer was interviewed for an article by Washington Blade pertaining to the Fight the Ban Rally in Washington, D.C. https://bit.ly/2GfwSjk
- Netherlands News Outlet Interview
On April 12, 2019, TAVA Treasurer Jennifer was interviewed by a Netherlands News Outlet. Watch the full interview: http://bit.ly/2yF6Pi6
- USA Today Article
On April 13, 2019, TAVA Board Treasurer Jennifer was quoted in the following USA Today artilce "She wanted to come out as a transgender teen. First, she weathered Trump's military ban": http://bit.ly/2UELBcT
- Meeting With Representatives
On April 15, 2019, TAVA Treasurer Jennifer had a meeting with a Congressional Representative to discuss the transgender military ban and the VA GRS policy. Jennifer is a former lobbyist so she is very well verse in speaking with elected officials.
- VA VEO Conversation About Demographic Questions Project
On April 15, 2019, TAVA VP Gene participated by providing feedback to upcoming VA surveys. This was done via a phone interview. Gene read out loud all the questions on a proto-type survey. Then, he was asked to provide initial feedback immediately following reading each question.
- News12 New Jersey Interview
On May 11, TAVA Treasurer Jennifer interviewed with News 12 New Jersey concerning the transgender military ban, her service experiences, as well as discussion about New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy joining 5 other states in declaring full opposition to this policy. Jennifer's interview begins around the 7 min and 50 second mark. http://bit.ly/2E9zVJL
- #Out4MentalHealth Workgroup
On May 13, 2019, TAVA Board Member Zander was a participant in the Out4MentalHealth workgroup meeting.
- SERVE Act of 2019
On May 22, 2019, TAVA provided input for this House Bill. SERVE (Securing the Rights our Veterans have Earned) Act of 2019 seeks to guarantee protections for our nation’s active duty transgender service members discharged from the Armed Forces under the Trump Administration’s discriminatory transgender ban. http://bit.ly/2GQrfcu
- APUSH Documentary - Don't Ask, Don't Tell 2019
On May 30, 2019 TAVA VP Gene, TAVA Media Affairs Officer Denny, and TAVA Board Member Zander he TAVA assisted 3 MA-based sophmore high school students with their AP History Video project regarding DADT. The Board answered questions for and participated in a DADT documentary. You can watch the full video on YouTube "APUSH Documentary Don't Ask, Don't Tell 2019." http://bit.ly/2T91d9j
- TAVA Treasurer Receives Inaugural Babs Siperstein Advocate Award
On May 31, 2019, Garden State Equality held it’s third annual Equality Ball. TAVA Treasurer Sgt. Major Jennifer Long received the Inaugural Babs Siperstein Advocate Award for her relentless advocacy in support of transgender equality in New Jersey and fierce opposition to the Trump-Pence administration’s discriminatory and unconstitutional ban on transgender service members in the military. Governor Phil Murphy presented the award. Congratulations to Jennifer!
- TAVA Assists With Pentagon G4 Question
On June 1, 2019, TAVA National President Evan assisted Pentagon G4 with respectful gender identity question for uniform preference. Major Virginia Thomas reached out to TAVA.
- UF Health LGBTQ Healthcare Conference, Jacksonville, Florida
On June 10, 2019, TAVA Board Member Zander presented at UF Health LGBTQ Healthcare Conference in Jacksonville, FL.
- Pride of the Ocean 2019 "50th Anniversary of Stonewall" Cruise
Evan Young, National President of the Transgender American Veterans Association (TAVA), was invited to be a featured speaker on this historic cruise. Colonel Margarethe Cammermeyer was an honored guest on the cruise. The cruise sailed with Norwegian Cruise Lines onboard the Norwegian Dawn from June 8 – June 15, 2019, for a total of 8-days, 7-nights. The cruise went to New York to Canada & New England. For more information: http://prideoftheocean.com/
- NYU Research Interview
In mid-June 2019, TAVA VP Gene was invitied to by NYU researcher to discuss disparities and challenges faced by LGBTQ Veterans when accessing health care (in and outside of the VA system).
- St. Petersburg Florida Pride Festival - June 22-23, 2019
TAVA Board Member represented TAVA at this year's St. Petersburg Pride Festival. TAVA had a booth at the festival that Zander manned and was the point of contact. For additional information about the festival, please visit www.stpetepride.com
- 50th Stonewall Anniversary “Voices of Strength Pop-Up” Video Shoot NYC with Gilead
Evan participated in this video shoot and it is going to be shown on June 26th for 50th Stonewall Anniversary. Evan said this was a very good experience.
- PRIDE Day at Asheville, North Carolina
On June 26, 2019, TAVA Board Member Yvonne attended this VA Pride Day. Yvonne reports that a lot of doctors showed up.
- World PRIDE NYC - June 30, 2019
This year commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising. TAVA Board Member Denny represented along with members of American Veterans For Equal Rights (AVER), TAVA, The NYC Veterans Alliance and Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA). Read more: http://www.gaymilitarysignal.com/
- Friend of the Court Brief
On July 3, 2019 - TAVA and The Modern Military Association of America (MMAA) filed a “friend of the court” brief urging the justices to decide in favor of LGBTQ workers in a trio of cases on employment discrimination. Oral arguments are scheduled to be presented on Oct. 8. http://bit.ly/2Yxtatp
- Filing Amicus Curiae
TAVA is one of many organizations who filed court briefs. The first week of July was the deadline for filing amicus curiae, or friend-of-the-court, briefs. Such briefs are filed by individuals and groups that are not directly involved in a case but want to offer an opinion on which party should prevail. http://bit.ly/2Y40kjl
- Duval County Community Health Improvement Plan Meeting
On July 24, 2019, TAVA Board Member Zander attended this county health improvement planning meeting.
- Chamberlain College of Nursing - RN Student Conference
On August 12, 2019, TAVA VP will be speaking about LGBT Veterans and health care as well as sharing personal experiences with the RN students at Chamberlain College of Nursing.
- Participating with #Out4MentalHealth Workgroup Meeting
On August 12, 2019, TAVA Board Member Zander will be attending this workgroup meeting.
- Jax Youth Equality Standing Meeting
On August 13, 2019, TAVA Board Member Zander will be attending this meeting.
TAVA Upcoming Schedule
- October 2019 - NY Coming Out Event
- October 2019 - River City Pride, Jacksonville, FL- www.rivercitypride.org/
- November 2019 - Martinez, CA - VA LGBT Safe Zone Training
Make Your Voice Heard!
Each month, TAVA compiles important surveys, petitions and studies for the transgender veteran and military community. Your voice matters and is critical to the process of collecting data and providing careful and necessary feedback. Feel free to share these with other transgender veterans you may know.
DD-214 Discharge Upgrade/Name Change Survey
TAVA survey for those wishing to upgrade or change their name on their DD-214. We have partnered with a pool of experienced attorneys who provide free legal representation to veterans in upgrading their discharge status and changing their name on their DD-214. If you're interested, please fill out the following survey here: http://svy.mk/2lmjouh. Your responses will help us get a handle of the need for assistance.
VHA Related Care Survey
If you are a veteran who uses the VA for their healthcare needs, we want to hear from you. Please take the TAVA VA related care survey located on our website at https://bit.ly/2C8Ty3C.
Call For Participants - Transgender & Gender Variant U.S. Veteran Experiences
Northeastern Illinois University research study organizers are seeking to gain a better understanding of the experiences of transgender and gender variant veterans of the U.S. Military. Please click link for contact info and more details. https://bit.ly/2OEpTEn
True Stories of Trans Service in Our Armed Forces
Trans Veterans Lives is an ongoing TAVA project. The series features transgender veteran stories from across the world. If you would like to share, contact TAVA media director, Denny Meyer at email@example.com Read our latest story "Triumph of Determination," by Zander Keig, TAVA Board Member - https://bit.ly/2F8QEzN.
DoD and Military Articles of Interest
April 2, 2019 - 'TransMilitary' Documentary To Draw Transgender Advocates, Lawmakers Together - https://bit.ly/2TTLNEZ
April 5, 2019 - USN GD Diagnosis Instruction - http://bit.ly/2M2rNAi
April 8, 2019 - USMC Military Service By Transgender Persons And Persons With Gender Dysphoria - https://bit.ly/2Ga5ynS
April 9, 2019 - U.S. Navy Rules Now State Sailors May Dress According To Their Preferred Gender While Off Duty - https://bit.ly/2P8lXwd
April 9, 2019 - APA and The Palm Center Release Statements About Their Concern Over Transgender Military Ban - https://bit.ly/2OZPmbD
April 9, 2019 - Transgender Troop Ban Marks The Dark Return Of ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ - https://bit.ly/2P4LF4I
April 11, 2019 - AMA Blasts Military's New Transgender Policy - http://bit.ly/2N2zsOJ
April 12, 2019 - U.S. Coast Guard Transgender Policy - http://bit.ly/2ZkpXhF
April 16, 2019 - UT Freshman Loses Military Scholarship Because He Is Transgender - http://bit.ly/2UMjnC9
April 17, 2019 - Naval Academy To Ban Transgender Students Beginning In 2020 - http://bit.ly/2Uvys64
April 17, 2019 - Military Academies Begin To Follow Military Transgender Ban - http://bit.ly/2VRIaRu
April 18, 2019 - Air Force Academy Will No Longer Allow Transgender Students To Enroll - http://bit.ly/2KLlMrN
May 3, 2019 - The Palm Center - Army Chief Of Staff Nominee Substitutes Gut Instinct About Transgender Troops For Data - http://bit.ly/307ncR6
May 22, 2019 - The SERVE Act Of 2019 - http://bit.ly/2VGOcDK
May 28, 2019 - Transgender Military Members Say Ban Is ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell 2.0’ - http://bit.ly/2YWZPsm
June 5, 2019 - President Trump Blamed The Transgender Military Ban On An Inaccurate Cost For Surgery - http://bit.ly/2IAa9zA
June 7, 2019 - Pentagon Contradicts Trump On Transgender Troop Ban - https://on.msnbc.com/2WxJvRX
June 12, 2019 - House To Vote On Amendment To Defund Trump Trans Military Ban - http://bit.ly/2IcaZnc
June 14, 2019 - U.S. Court Of Appeals For The Ninth Circuit - Karnoski v. Trump Opinion - http://bit.ly/2Zr7y1W
June 14, 2019 - U.S. Appeals Court Orders New Review Of Trump Transgender Military Ban - https://tmsnrt.rs/2FeLHmC
June 18, 2019 - Acting Defense Secretary Nominee Esper Lied About Transgender Policy - http://bit.ly/2Kp8CzN
June 18, 2019 - House Votes To Block Military Transgender Ban - http://bit.ly/2ZAbq0K
June 25, 2019 - NDAA Amendment Introduced In House To Ensure ALL Qualified Americans Can Serve - http://bit.ly/2X65zi7
June 26, 2019 - Legislation Reintroduced To Restore Honor To Service Members Discharged Due To Sexual Orientation - http://bit.ly/2IRfl3I
June 27, 2019 - Barr Declares ‘Zero Tolerance’ For Hate Crimes In Pride Month Statement - http://bit.ly/2FW2n2R
July 7, 2019 - U.S. House Votes To Block Trump’s Transgender Military Ban - http://bit.ly/2FZISGD
July 9, 2019 - Politicians Roll Out New Legislation To Aid LGBTQ Veterans - http://bit.ly/2JCPaOv
July 11, 2019 - The U.S. House House Approves ‘Harry Truman’ Amendment To Restore Trans Military Service - http://bit.ly/2z2lUe1
July 12, 2019 - Milley: No Problem with Transgender Troops If They Meet Standards - http://bit.ly/2Y8DECp
July 16, 2019 - Trump Defense Pick Rebuked For ‘Misleading’ Testimony On Trans Military Ban - http://bit.ly/2LwLwb1
July 19, 2019 - General Milley Affirms That Inclusive Policy For Transgender Troops Did Not Harm Readiness - http://bit.ly/2Z5Cmpk
July 22, 2019 - 5 Insights: Navy SEAL veteran Kristin Beck - http://bit.ly/2YNGY6q
July 22, 2019 - Starting January 1, 2020, All Service-Connected Disabled Veterans, Purple Heart Recipients, Former POWs And Primary Veteran Caregivers Will Be Eligible To Shop At Commissaries And Exchanges - http://bit.ly/2GMhWu4
July 23, 2019 - U.S. Military HIV Research Program - U.S. Army And Partners To Launch HIV Vaccine Efficacy Trial In The Americas And Europe - http://bit.ly/2T63S3G
August 5, 2019 - Incoming Chief Naval Officer Says Transgender Troops Have Not Harmed Navy - http://bit.ly/2KMlnSP
August 5, 2019 - Military Reports No Discharges Under Trans Ban — But Advocates Have Doubts - http://bit.ly/2MetGdl
Veteran Affairs (VA) News
TAVA is your liaison to the VA. We actively advocate for trans veterans at the VA by providing input and advice internally. We assist veterans in coming out to their doctors and providing needed clarifications on the VA health care directive for trans care. If you experience any issues with the VA, please contact us. Visit http://bit.ly/2cseMyx
April 2, 2019 - Veterans Can Now Update Contact Information Online
Moving? Taking an extended vacation? New phone number? Simply want VA to reach you at a different address? Check to see if VA has your updated information. https://bit.ly/2nzMxRT
April 9, 2019 - VA MISSION Act: What Is The Latest On Community Care?
Last June, President Trump signed landmark legislation, known as the VA MISSION Act of 2018, that makes dramatic improvements to how Veterans receive community care—health care provided outside of VA. While the law affects many other VA programs, the changes to community care are among the most complex and far-reaching in recent history. Learn more about the proposed six new eligibility criteria for Veterans. https://bit.ly/2D8czDE
April 9, 2019 - Are you on RallyPoint?
The VA recently signed an MOU with RallyPoint, an online platform serving 1.6M military, Veterans, families, caregivers, and survivors. There are more than 420K Veteran-centric discussions on RallyPoint, and the platform is a great place to ask (or answer) questions like "How do I get my Army Medical Records to submit a VA claim?" https://bit.ly/2Z48QjR
May 1, 2019 - DAV interview with Dr. Michael Kauth
Director of the VA LGBT Health Program, Dr. Michael Kauth, speaks with DAV. http://bit.ly/2Xz89SM
May 23, 2019 - Free National Park Service Lifetime Access Pass For Disabled Veterans Announced
Many Veterans, with a service connected disability rating, are entering Federal parks for free with the Lifetime National Parks Access Pass from the U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service. The Access Pass also admits disabled any passengers in their vehicle, and other discounts such as camping, swimming, board launching, and guided tours. Does NOT require 100% service-connected VA disability rating. http://bit.ly/2wejY0x
May 23, 2019 - Guardian Of Veterans — And Of LGBT Rights
Rep. Mark Takano holding the gavel as Chair of the Veterans Affairs Committee. http://bit.ly/2Qp9CnZ
May 24, 2019 - Updated VHA Transgender and Intersex Healthcare Directive
There has been an updated FAQ about medically necessary hair removal added to the national directive. The updated VHA Directive now states that Transgender Veterans may receive both laser and/or electrolysis based on their medical needs. This can be accomplished in house if your VA has the equipment or can be referred to the community. http://bit.ly/2Y3eCRh Link to full, updated PDF: http://bit.ly/2JH8YQL
May 28, 2019- Disabled Veterans Can Fly Space-A Flights For Free
To be eligible for Space Available (Space-A) flights, Veterans must have a permanent and total service-connected disability rating. http://bit.ly/2Mqofc1
May 31, 2019 - VA MISSION Act: What to expect for community care. http://bit.ly/32HcBO0
June 7, 2019 - Same Day Mental Health Services For Veterans
Did you know that now all 172 VA Medical Centers (VAMCs) provide same-day mental health care services? If a Veteran is in crisis or has another need for mental health care right away, they will receive immediate attention from a health care professional. http://bit.ly/2XYXvVK
June 12, 2019 - Free Year Of LinkedIn Premium For Transitiong Military and Veterans
LinkedIn offers Veterans, VA Caregivers, and Fry Scholars a free 1-year premium career subscription, including one year of access to LinkedIn Learning. The one year free upgrade to premium includes an incredibly valuable resource – a library of over 14,000 business, technical, and creative courses on LinkedIn Learning. This means that courses on software development, graphic design, leadership, data science, photography, and more are all available to eligible Veterans. Almost every professional skill has a course on LinkedIn Learning. http://bit.ly/30E30Wu
June 12, 2019 - Baltimore VA and LGBT Veterans
The Baltimore VA works to embrace LGBT Veterans who have long felt unwelcome by the military. http://bit.ly/2XtS8NU
June 14, 2019 - New Orleans Pride Parade
Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System celebrates diversity at New Orleans Pride Parade. http://bit.ly/2InWywL
June 16, 2019 - Queen City Pride
The Manchester VA attends Queen City Pride block party. http://bit.ly/2IOQ6xz
June 17, 2019 - Spokane VA Pride
The Spokane VA hangs PRIDE flag in lobby. http://bit.ly/2xAz8Oh
June 18, 2019 - New Tool To Help Find VA Benefits
Sign in to the new VA.gov to get the most out of this new experience. Once you sign in, you’ll be able to use our new “Find VA Benefits” tool to help you find and apply for benefits that are relevant to your interests. Sign in today and take advantage of this new tool. http://bit.ly/2yGs0Re
June 18, 2019 - Pride in America Event
The Cheyenne VA and Wyoming Equality partner for Pride in America Event. http://bit.ly/2RoSXRP
June 19, 2019 - VA of El Paso Holds LGBT Equality Observance Training -http://bit.ly/2IrWD2m
June 27, 2019 - A New Way To Access Your VA Records
Thanks to the newly created VA records hub, you can now access and manage your VA records online in one place for the first time. You can get Veteran ID cards, request your DD214, search historical military records, and more. Take the first step towards getting your records and documents today. http://bit.ly/2yF7b8q
July 10, 2019 - Isakson, Tester Introduce Bill To Increase Benefits For Veterans
A bill co-sponsored by every member of the Senate VA committee has been presented by Senator Johnny Isakson and Senator Jon Tester, which would increase VA disability compensation, dependency compensation for surviving children and spouses, and clothing allowance for veterans. http://bit.ly/2LPaPEH
July 24, 2019 - Cincinnati VA Medical Center Is Proud To Support LGBT Veterans - http://bit.ly/2ZxQZSx
July 25, 2019 - White City VA In Oregon Celebrate The LGBTQ+ Community - http://bit.ly/2ZzxEAk
August 1, 2019 - VA Has Signed Up 5,000 Urgent Care Providers Nationwide Since Mission Act - http://bit.ly/2YIZqsT
Recent Reports & Studies
Transgender-related reports/studies compiled from
a variety of sources.
MAPS Project - Where We Call Home: LGBT People In Rural America - http://www.lgbtmap.org/rural-lgbt
What Percentage Of U.S. Population Is Transgender? https://bit.ly/2HZiU8E
U.S. Study Finds Transgender Adults Have Higher Risk Of Poor Health - https://nbcnews.to/2GudHm9
Sexuality is Fluid; May Change Over Time, Finds Study - http://bit.ly/2JoCLht
Recent Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) Study - http://bit.ly/2Y2dWws
A recent PRRI study finds more than six in ten Americans have become supportive of transgender rights compared to their stances five years ago.
May 2019 Gallup Poll Results - U.S. Support For Transgender People Serving In The Military - http://bit.ly/2WYEFbE The poll, conducted this past May, shows 71% of Americans now support transgender men and women being able to serve openly in the military.
Focusing On Cultural Competence For Transgender Patient Care Access - http://bit.ly/2YV3iYR
Public Attitudes On Transgender Military Service: The Role of Gender - http://bit.ly/2GkWXOY
The Palm Center Explains Points Of Context Regarding Latest Pew Research Center Poll - http://bit.ly/2LyQtjy
- March 7, 2019 - Lawsuit Challenges State’s Medicaid Policy Denying Transgender-Related Health Care Coverage - https://bit.ly/2D0FIRs
- June 18, 2019 - Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska Recognizes Pride Month - http://bit.ly/2xAnxPq
- April 10, 2019 - After Delays, SF LGBT History Projects Move Forward - https://bit.ly/2UrobfX
- April 12, 2019 - California National Guard Tells Transgender Troops: 'Your Gender Identity is the Least of Our Concerns' - http://bit.ly/2UALBzn
- May 3, 2019 - Colorado National Guard Won't Enforce Trump's Ban on Transgender Troops - http://bit.ly/2WubsWT
- May 8, 2019 - Polis: Colorado’s National Guard Won't Adhere to Military Trans Ban - http://bit.ly/2E9B3gt
- June 2, 2019 - More LGBTQ Coloradans Insured Since Passage of Affordable Care Act — But Barriers to Health Care Persist, Report Finds - https://dpo.st/2wFk5Cs
- June 13, 2019 - Colorado Service Member Makes Pride#50 List - https://on9news.tv/31yv3YR
- June 19, 2019 - Capt. Alivia Stehlik serves as a guest speaker for the 2019 LGBT Pride Month observance on Fort Carson, Colorado - http://bit.ly/2FoOslr
- May 15, 2019 - Planned Parenthood Florida Offering Transgender Hormone Therapy, Beginning In Miami - https://cbsloc.al/30mQnzU
- June 27, 2019 - Hawaii Gov. David Ige Signed Into Law Three Bills That Strengthened LGBTQ Rights In The State - http://bit.ly/2LpZIlq
- June 29, 2019 - The Army In Hawaii Celebrates Inclusivity With Pride Month Event - http://bit.ly/2FJmgKl
- June 26, 2019 - NSWC Crane Hosts Master Chief Petty Officer Dwayne D. Beebe-Franqui For Pride Month Luncheon - http://bit.ly/2X6LKqE
- May 6, 2019 - Transgender Iowans Speak Out Over Bill Restricting Funding For Sex Reassignment Surgery - http://bit.ly/2Yg79yN
- May 15, 2019 - Iowa lawmakers Chose Prejudice Over Science In Exempting Transgender Surgery From Medicaid - http://bit.ly/2Hs41sJ
- June 21, 2019 - Kansas Agrees To Issue Accurate Birth Certificates To Transgender People - http://bit.ly/2xc7cQQ
- June 24, 2019 - Governor Applauds Action That Clears Way For Transgender Kansans To Amend Sex Designation - http://bit.ly/2L5gMOd
- July 7, 2019 - Transgender Kansans Can Now Get Birth Certificates That Match Their Identity - http://bit.ly/2LHyyGY
- April 8, 2019 - Massachusetts GOP Governor Signs Bill Banning Gay Conversion Therapy - https://bit.ly/2v78onz
- July 17, 2019 - Massachusetts National Guard Will Let Transgender Troops Continue To Serve - http://bit.ly/2YYvt9h
- July 13, 2019 - New Hampshire Becomes 13th U.S. State To Add X Gender Option To Drivers Licenses - http://bit.ly/2LZ5n29
- April 15, 2019 - U.S. Supreme Court Declines To Hear Challenge Against New Jersey’s LGBTQ Conversion Therapy Ban; Garden State Equality Celebrates Court’s Decision - http://bit.ly/2UHGUnr
- May 5, 2019 - NJ Army National Guard Will Defy Ban On Trans Military Service Members - http://bit.ly/2DV9yHs
- April 23, 2019 - Nevada National Guard Joins California And New Mexico To Defy Trump’s Trans Troops Ban - http://bit.ly/2VId8in
- July 14, 2019 - Cincinnati Transgender Veteran Speaks Out Against Trans Military Ban - http://bit.ly/31xcUtB
- April 24, 2019 - Gov. Kate Brown Says Oregon National Guard Will Continue to Employ Transgender Service Members - http://bit.ly/2LvaDvL
- April 12, 2019 - Pittsburgh Researcher Caught In National Debate As Trans Mil Ban Goes Into Effect - http://bit.ly/2Uzx8nf
- May 15, 2019 - Pennsylvania’s First LGBTQ-friendly Housing Facility Opens - http://bit.ly/2YzaE3m
- June 3, 2019 - Judge Won't Compel Pittsburgh RAND Researcher To Testify About Military Transgender Ban Report - http://bit.ly/2IpTOOd
- June 7, 2019 - Bill Would Allow LGBTQ Rhode Island Veterans To Petition For Benefits - http://bit.ly/2KaWItc
- August 9, 2019 - Rhode Island Will Offer Third Gender Option For Licenses, Birth Certificates - http://bit.ly/2KKNX7h
- April 12, 2019 - Transgender Utah Veteran Speaks Out Against Transgender Military Policy - http://bit.ly/2vGI046
- April 24, 2019 - WA State One Of Five States To Allow Trans Troops To Serve In National Guard - http://bit.ly/2VXIMbP
- August 1, 2019 - WA To Add Non Binary Gender Option To Driving Licenses - http://bit.ly/2MFz0pC