TAVA President Message
Welcome to the 15th issue of The Transgender American Veterans Association (TAVA) e-Newsletter! The aim of this publication is to keep you informed and updated concerning the transgender veteran community. The TAVA e-Newsletter is published quarterly. Each issue brings you the latest information on new TAVA initiatives, TAVA partners, conferences TAVA will send a representative to, and news items that are of interest for the transgender veteran and community. To make sure you stay connected, please subscribe to TAVA's quarterly newsletter via the TAVA website.
We also encourage our followers to join and/or renew your membership. For more information on TAVA membership, please visit: http://bit.ly/2crZ1aV. We hope you find the TAVA e-Newsletter as a valuable resource in collecting information about TAVA and the issues concerning you, the transgender veteran. We welcome your suggestions and feedback. You can contact us directly on the website at http://transveteran.org/contact-us-page/.
MAJ, U.S. Army (Ret.)
Transgender American Veterans Association (TAVA)
November is Transgender Awareness Month
November marks Transgender Awareness Month. In 2018, San Francisco originally marked November as Transgender Awareness Month when Mayor Breed and the Office of Transgender Initiatives broadened Transgender Awareness Week. This is a time to support the transgender community and educate others on what it means to be transgender.
Links of interest...
A Veteran's Perspective of Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR)
The month of November can be rough for many veterans. Not only do we celebrate Veterans Day, our community also annually observes Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR).
We pause to honor the memory of those whose lives were lost because of anti-trans violence. TAVA Board Member Kimberly Moore wrote a moving piece, reflecting on what TDOR means from one veteran's perspective.
"Kimberly reminds us of the importance of Transgender Day of Remembrance in her personal story that brought tears to my eyes," said Evan Young, TAVA National President. You can read Kimberly's story on our website: http://bit.ly/2yd46f1.
Links of Interest...
Save-The-Date: TAVA's Transgender Military Retreat - Atlanta, Georgia September 25 – September 27, 2020
This Monday, November 25th, registration opens for the 2020 TAVA Transgender Military Retreat! Join TAVA in Atlanta for our September 25-27, 2020 Transgender Military Retreat. Program fee is only $50 until January 1, 2020 and an optional Atlanta Braves baseball game excursion is $75. Hotel room and the transportation to the game is provided. Reservations are first come, first served. We encourage selecting room sharing to provide free rooms for all transgender veterans. Join us for an unforgettable weekend retreat, learning advocacy methods and community building, as well as a networking with other transgender veterans.
Stay tuned! We will provide the registration link when registration opens on Monday, November 25, 2020!
GivingTuesday | December 3, 2019
, is a global day of giving. This year, TAVA has joined and our goal is to raise $5,000 in order to continue funding our advocacy projects. Pledge your support to TAVA in our fight for advocacy for the 163,000 transgender veterans that served our nation. DONATE HERE: https://bit.ly/2qB6YiV
The TAVA website is regularly updated to bring you the most current information. The variety of resources and other applicable materials are presented in a user-friendly format with the ease of simple navigation. What follows are sections of the website that are of particular interest. New content will be continually added so be sure to check back often. For convenience, please feel free to bookmark our website: http://transveteran.org/.
Points of Interest...
- TAVA Speakers Bureau - In honor of Transgender Awareness Month this November, the Transgender American Veterans Association (TAVA) is rolling our nationwide speakers bureau for organizations, corporations, educational institutions, and government entities to provide a resource of speakers, providing educational awareness on transgender military issues. Look for it to go live at the end of November!
- Beneficiary Form - At anytime, you can name TAVA as your beneficiary. Generally, you can name anyone, even a charity, as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy or retirement account. TAVA has added full instructions with a short form on our website.
- VHA Directive 1341 - The VA's Updated Transgender and Inersex Veteran Health Care Directive. The directive was most recently updated on May 23, 2018. TAVA recommends printing a copy to take with you to your VA appointments. TAVA will continue to add updated editions as they are released.
- Transgender Ban Talking Points - We have added updated talking points concerning the transgender military ban. You will find a wealth of information here including common misconceptions, reflections, history, the decision, the policy, and additional resources with citations.
- Press Releases & News - Newly added tab containing TAVA press releases and news.
- FAQ - A know your rights section answering our most popular questions.
- Trans Support Locator - Searchable map pinpointing the closest transgender-related support groups near your area. If you have a listing to include, please fill out the website form.
- Journalist Tips - Guidance for those writing on trans veterans and active duty service members.
- DEERS Info - Updated information regarding changing your name and gender in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
- Recommended Links - Government; Legal; LGBT Veteran and Military; National/Federal Agencies; VA and VA-related forms.
- Veteran Benefits State Map - Click on a state for benefit information such as Education Benefits; Financial Assistance; Employment Resources; Housing Links; Legal Resources; and other state benefits information.
TAVA has the ability to connect people with pro bono attorneys to assist with upgrading their DD-214. In addition, TAVA always has a DD-214 name change guide available on our website. It provides extensive information and example language for the DD-149 Form, which is the Application for Correction of Military Records. If you require additional assistance, visit https://bit.ly/2SPEi17.
Support TAVA With AmazonSmile This Holiday Season
You can elect to have a small proceed of your Amazon purchases go to TAVA each time you shop with AmazonSmile. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases directly to TAVA. What a great way to support transgender veterans this holiday season and all year long! Be sure to select TAVA to add our organization as your charity of choice: https://smile.amazon.com/.
Members are the foundation of TAVA's strength. Our membership model allows anyone to join, regardless of their financial ability. You can choose what level best meets your needs. Your generous gift enables TAVA’s programs, advocacy, and outreach to be stronger and effective. Become a member today and join a grassroots force which supports over 134,000 transgender veterans. Sign up and sign on: http://bit.ly/2crZ1aV.
TAVA Advocacy & Outreach
As a grassroots organization, TAVA advocates for fair and equal treatment of transgender military veterans and service members using a combination of advocacy, outreach, and assistance. As prideful military veterans, you inspire us to do better, taking action for every veteran and waking each morning to fight even harder than the day before.
- NPR - In Spite Of Trans Discrimination, Universities Are Grappling With Military Recruitment On Campus
On August 8, 2019, TAVA Veteran Affairs Officer, Public Affairs Officer, & Congressional Liaison Denny was interviewed by NPR in August concerning the Solomon Amendment and Universities military recruitment on campus. Here is one of Denny’s quotes: “And our position is that what is going on, what was just described is nothing other than government enforced bullying and discrimination. And my own view is that if universities united and said, drop dead, this Solomon Amendment would come to an end pretty quickly. It's caving in, really, to government and administration bullying.” You can hear Denny's interview as well as read a full transcript at http://bit.ly/2L85TtW.
- Title VII Cases Brief Filed
On August 16, 2019, TAVA joined other organizations and signed onto the Amicus Briefs per the Title VII Cases of sexual-orientation and transgender discrimination cases filed by Harris Funeral Homes, the EEOC, Altitude Express, and Clayton County. All documents in the Title VII cases can be found below:
1) Bostock v. Clayton County and Altitude Express v. Zarda (the sexual orientation cases): http://bit.ly/2XEo2UH
2) R.G. & G.R. Harris Funeral Homes v. EEOC (the transgender/gender identity case): http://bit.ly/2OAoq2k
- Freedom For All Americans
On August 21, 2019, TAVA Board Member Zander was interviewed for an article by Freedom for All Americans. They feature a lot of programs. Here is a great quote by Zander: “Regardless of our political differences or social differences or socioeconomic differences, we have lots of things that unite all of us. I wish we could focus on the issues that impact the majority of trans people and put the politics behind us.” You can read Zander's full interview here: http://bit.ly/324jfNA.
- TAVA and ACLU of Arkansas Condemns Attorney General Rutledge For Attacking LGBTQ Rights At U.S. Supreme Court
On August 28, 2019, TAVA President Evan was asked by ACLU of Arkansas to provide a statement regarding Arkansas Attorney General Rutledge signing on to a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court which attacks LGBTQ Rights. To read Evan's statement, please visit http://bit.ly/2OAlEf2.
- TAVA Collaboration For HRC/UCLA Presidential Candidates LGBTQ Forum
On August 30, 2019, TAVA joined The Palm Center, SPARTA, and MMAA on submitting a question pertaining to the transgender military ban for the October 10 HRC/UCLA LGBTQ Presidential Candidates Forum. TAVA provided input for the question.
- Title VII’s Protections
On September 14, 2019, TAVA joined with MMAA to argue that Title VII’s protections are integral to protecting the economic and dignitary interests of LGBTQ military families and LGBTQ Veterans transitioning to civilian employment and that ensuring equal employment opportunity for LGBTQ people is a national security interest. To read more, please visit http://bit.ly/35mqSkD.
- "Secure a Fair and Equitable Trial Act” (or “Gay and Transpanic Defense Bill”)
On September 21, 2019, TAVA was asked to sign onto this bill. The September 21st launch date occurred at George Washington University’s Marvin Center Amphitheater.
- New York State Legislation Aimed At Giving 'State Benefits' To LGBT Veterans Dishonorably Discharged
On September 25, 2019, TAVA Veteran Affairs Officer, Public Affairs Officer, & Congressional Liaison Denny participated in a two hour conference, held in midtown Manhattan with representatives of the Governor, and state senators regarding the NY State legislation that would give 'state benefits' to LGBT veterans who were kicked out of the military. Denny had been involved in consulting on this legislation for over a year.
- National Transgender Visibility March
On Septemebr 28, TAVA Board Member Kimberly participated and represented TAVA at this historic march in Washington, D.C. The event theme was "The Ties That Bind Us." To read more about the National Trans Visibility March, please visit https://transmarchondc.org/.
- Read Gay Military Signal September, October, November 2019 Editions Online
TAVA Veteran Affairs Officer, Public Affairs Officer, & Congressional Liaison Denny released the latest editions of the Gay Military Signal, a monthly web publication edited by Denny. Gay Military Signal is dedicated to providing a voice to the movement to achieve equality in America's armed forces so that patriotic American volunteers may serve our nation openly and in pride regardless of sexual orientation. Read the full editions online anytime at http://www.gaymilitarysignal.com/index.html.
- New Jersey Association of Veteran Service Officers LGBT Presentation
In October 2019, TAVA Treasurer Jennifer represented TAVA as a featured speaker. Jennifer spoke to the needs of the Trans Community at the VA. The audience members included the New Jersey Association of Veterans Service Officers at their annual training in Atlantic City in October. The Ocean County Veterans Services Director, John Dorrity, also serves as the president of the NJAVSO, and was on hand.
- TAVA Board Member Zander Is Now A PsychArmor Certified Veteran Ready Healthcare Provider
In October 2019, the TAVA Board was happy to announce that Board Member Zander is now a PsychArmor Certified Veteran Ready Healthcare Provider. We want to congratulate Zander on this achievement! To read more about PsychArmor Certification, please visit https://psycharmor.org/certification_hcp/.
- 2019 River City Pride Block Party and Festival – Jacksonville, Florida
On October 5 and October 6, 2019, TAVA Board Member Zander tabled and represented TAVA at this year's Jacksonville Pride block party and festival. Zander was happy to report the event went well and there was plenty of interest including new newsletter subscribers. To read more about Jacksonville Pride, please visit http://www.rivercitypride.org/.
- PBS Documentary Segment Veterans in America
TAVA Board Member Zander was in New York City on October 31, 2019 for the filming of a PBS documentary segment on Veterans in America. Zander will be featured in this documentary. Stay tuned for updates!
- Pepsi Cola HQ LGBT History Speech
On November 4, 2019, TAVA Veteran Affairs Officer, Public Affairs Officer, & Congressional Liaison Denny delivered a 'Veterans Day' speech at Pepsi Cola HQ in Purchase NY, about an hour north of NYC. Denny spoke about the 'history' of LGBT service, including trans men who served during the Civil War in both the Union and Confederate armies, and then spoke about his own service experience during Vietnam. It was well received and was also broadcast live to some 5000 Pepsi employees elsewhere.
- Wright State Alumna Nella Ludlow Teaching Trailblazing Course In Quantum Computing
Congratulations to TAVA Board Member Nella! Nella was invited to return to Wright State University (Dayton, Ohio), where she received a master’s in computer science, to teach a quantum computing course in the College of Engineering and Computer Science. Nella was featured in a November 6, 2019 article about teaching this trailblazing course. To read the full article, please visit http://bit.ly/2pEv8w2.
- Diversity Richmond, Virginia LGBTQ Veterans Celebration
On Veterans Day, TAVA Board Member Kimberly was a featured speaker at Diversity Richmond LGBTQ Veterans Celebration in Richmond, Virginia. This event was an inaugural LGBTQ Veterans Day event titled “Our Stories, Our Truth: An LGBTQ Veterans Day Celebration.” FMI: http://bit.ly/2CzhuwS.
TAVA Upcoming Schedule
- December 4, 2019 - University of North Florida Social Work Graduate Stduents- Working With Transgender Clients - Speech / Discussion
TAVA Board Member Zander will be speaking to Social Work graduate students at University of North Florida on working with trans clients as a Behavioral Health Specialist.
- January 31, 2019 - Northeast Florida Council on Alcoholism and Drug Addiction Community Wellness Summit
TAVA Board Member Zander will be presenting at the Northeast Florida Council on Alcoholism and Drug Addiction Community Wellness Summit on working with trans clients as a Behavioral Health Specialist. For event information, please visit http://bit.ly/3480UAk.
- August 2020 - Southern Comfort Conference (SCC)
TAVA Board Member will be attending the Southern Comfort Conference (SCC), located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. This is an annual reception for Transgender Veterans. For more information, please visit https://sccfla.org/.
Make Your Voice Heard!
Each month, TAVA compiles important surveys, petitions and studies for the transgender veteran and military community. Your voice matters and is critical to the process of collecting data and providing careful and necessary feedback. Feel free to share these with other transgender veterans you may know.
DD-214 Discharge Upgrade/Name Change Survey
TAVA survey for those wishing to upgrade or change their name on their DD-214. We have partnered with a pool of experienced attorneys who provide free legal representation to veterans in upgrading their discharge status and changing their name on their DD-214. If you're interested, please fill out the following survey here: http://svy.mk/2lmjouh. Your responses will help us get a handle of the need for assistance.
TAVA's VA Care Survey
If you are a veteran who uses the VA for their healthcare needs, we want to hear from you. Please take the TAVA VA related care survey located on our website at https://bit.ly/2C8Ty3C.
VA Puget Sound Online Study
VA Puget Sound researchers are starting a long term multi-part research study pertaining to Veteran health and life experiences.Veterans from all backgrounds are needed. The researchers do ask for total personal information however the study is important for future benefits and treatment. TAVA previously endorsed the grant request for this study 2 years ago. Visit https://healthforeveryvet.questionpro.com to learn more.
Washington State University Transgender Health Research Study
The study is completely anonymous, and should require only about 15 minutes to complete. Completion of the survey will allow participants to enter for a raffle for a chance to win one of three $25 Amazon gift cards. To be eligible for the study, participants must be adults living in the United States, be at least 18, and identify as transgender. If you would like to know more information regarding the study, please feel free to email the point of contact Kyle Schofield (a current psychology doctoral student at Washington State University) at email@example.com. Study link: http://bit.ly/2OsuRVk.
True Stories Of Trans Service In Our Armed Forces
Trans Veterans Lives is an ongoing TAVA project. The series features transgender veteran stories from across the globe. We are always looking to add stories to our growing collection. If you would like to share your story, please directly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Defense & Military Articles Of Interest
August 14, 2019 - Gay Military Doctor Now Fights For Trans Troops, LGBT Health Equity - http://bit.ly/33m9St9
August 20, 2019 - Judge Allows Prospective Transgender Troops To Move Forward With Lawsuit Challenging Pentagon Ban - http://bit.ly/33jhYT6
August 20, 2019 - Trump Loses Effort to Dismiss Lawsuit Over Military Trans Ban - https://bloom.bg/2IC9te8
September 16, 2019 - Judge Orders DOD To Turn Over Military Trans Ban Docs - http://bit.ly/2M1MBqj
September 23, 2019 - Mattis Claims (Dubiously) Joint Chiefs Had No Input On Trans Service - http://bit.ly/2VxZzzw
September 30, 2019 - Obama Defense Secretary Talks Trump Administration, Transgender Troops, & How To Lead Half The Federal Government - http://bit.ly/2AUX9kO
October 8, 2019 - SCOTUS Hears LGBTQ Discrimination Cases That Could Affect Thousands Of Troops, Veterans - http://bit.ly/2M0cbfq
October 8, 2019 - Guam Lieutenant Governor Sharply Criticizes Trans Servicemember Ban - http://bit.ly/2ri4glL
October 10, 2019 - Here's Your 2020 Military Retiree, VA and Social Security Pay Bump - http://bit.ly/33oSzrI
October 15, 2019 - Federal Judge Overturns ObamaCare Transgender Protections - http://bit.ly/34xC5xq
October 25, 2019 - Trans Service Could Be Casualty Of ‘Skinny’ Defense Bill - http://bit.ly/2NdY5rx
November 11, 2019 - We Still Owe LGBT Veterans For Their Patriotism And Service - http://bit.ly/2XaLw3m
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) News
TAVA is your liaison to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We actively advocate for transgender veterans at the VA by providing input and advice internally. We also assist veterans in coming out to their doctors and providing needed clarifications on the VA health care directive for trans care. If you experience any issues with the VA, please contact us. For additional information, please visit http://bit.ly/2cseMyx
August 21, 2019 - Totally Disabled Veterans Student Loan Forgiveness
Student loan forgiveness for totally disabled Veterans is not a new program, but more than 25,000 Veterans have not completed the application process to have their debts forgiven. To find out more, please visit https://cnb.cx/35oMT27.
August 26, 2019 - Cincinnati VA Medical Center Shows Support For Transgender Service Members
The following article features the Cincinnati VA Medical Center and its support and continued commitment for all those who have served. See more here http://bit.ly/32bnp6k.
August 27, 2019 - Truman VA Leads Way In LGBTQ Health Care Equality
This marks the hospital's sixth consecutive year as a leader in the Healthcare Equality Index (HEI). One of the health system’s most impactful equality initiatives is the Truman VA Safe Zone program. The Safe Zone program is a facility-wide initiative that promotes awareness, respect and support of LGBTQ Veteran patients and their families, hospital guests, and VA employees. To learn more, please visit http://bit.ly/2AWOcaQ.
September 10, 2019 - Court Rules VA Must Pay For Veterans' ER Care
The Department of Veterans Affairs must reimburse veterans for emergency medical care at non-VA facilities, a federal appeals court ruled Monday — a decision that could be worth billions of dollars to veterans. FMI: https://nbcnews.to/2KC52kz.
September 30, 2019 - 2020 COLA Increase
Veterans will see a cost-of-living bump in their benefits. Read more at the following link http://bit.ly/2Iuw5NB.
October 6, 2019 - VA Home-Based Primary Care Improves Quality Of Care For Veterans
Home Based Primary Care (HPBC) refers to health care services provided to veterans in their home. HBPC is for those veterans who have complex health care needs for whom routine clinic-based care is not effective. FMI: http://bit.ly/2pXTr7R
October 8, 2019- ‘Where to start?’ – The VA Welcome Kit
A Guide To The Benefits And Services Earned. FMI: http://bit.ly/2MpztdI.
October 23, 2019 - Western Slope VA LGBTQ Veterans Town Hall
The VA Western Colorado Health Care System held an LGBTQ Veterans Town Hall. Lead LGBT Veteran Care Coordinator, Artur Akkerman, led the event, which was open to the public. FMI: http://bit.ly/2NEZGFL.
November 3, 2019 - VA Observes Transgender Awareness Month 2019
In November, the VA joined organizations across the country to raise awareness about transgender Veterans during November's Transgender Awareness Month. This year's campaign highlights the importance of using respectful terms to help foster a welcoming environment for transgender Veterans. Staff and visitors are reminded to please use terminology such as “Veteran” as an honorific instead of “Mr.” or “Ms.” to convey respect and inclusivitiy. FMI: http://bit.ly/34CU0CY.
November 5, 2019 - Text Messages And VA Appointments
VEText is VA's text messaging appointment reminder system to alert Veterans of upcoming health care appointments, allowing you to confirm or cancel quickly. For a preview of VEText messaging, text @DEMO to 53079. FMI: http://bit.ly/2NL3Iwq.
November 6, 2019 - The VA Connecticut Healthcare System Begins Weekly Trans* Veterans Group
The VA Connecticut Healthcare System has announced it will be starting a weekly Trans* Veterans Group. The group will meet every Tuesday from 12-1:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted) at the West Haven Community Center. As a reminder, folks must be enrolled in care at the VA Connecticut Healthcare System and complete a phone screening before attending. If interested, please reach out to your provider for a referral or call Joel Wyatt, M.S. at (203) 932-5711 ext. 5821 or Jacob Eleazer, Ph.D at (203) 427-7617 for additional information.
November 8, 2019 - VA Western Slope Beginning Monthly LGBTQ Veterans Coffee Hour
Beginning on November 8, 2019, the VA Western Colorado Health Care System will hold a monthly LGBTQ Veterans coffee hour. The group will meet the second Friday of every month at 11 a.m. For additional details and contact info, please visit http://bit.ly/2OwLH59.
November 9, 2019 - Transgender Veterans And The Salt Lake City Utah VA
The Salt Lake City VA helps transgender vets be their authentic selves. Read more here: http://bit.ly/33HOM9b.
November 11, 2019 - New Study Shows Veteran Benefit Discrepancies Between States
A map from the Center for a New American Security's report, “From Sea to Shining Sea: State Level Benefits for Veterans," shows the number of veteran benefits by state, ranging from a low of eight in the District of Columbia to a high of 60 in Illinois, with an average of 36 benefits offered. FMI: http://bit.ly/2O4Uvzb.
November 14, 2019 - Finally Free, Francis Garcia As Her Authentic Self
Francis Garcia, U.S. Army Veteran, found throughout her life-changing decision, the Orlando VA views her as a person, not as a box to check. She says, “They are definitely in your corner. The VA has been more than a support system, they are my biggest cheerleaders.” FMI: http://bit.ly/2D1DQqW.
Recent Reports & Studies
Transgender-related reports/studies compiled from a variety of sources.
August 26, 2019 - How To Be A Good Ally During Pride & The Rest Of The Year - http://bit.ly/2pQ5kwq
August 26, 2019 - When Transgender Travelers Walk Into Scanners, Invasive Searches Sometimes Wait On The Other Side - http://bit.ly/2KX4WEw
October 1, 2019 - The Williams Institute Latest Report - Medicaid Coverage For Gender-Affirming Care - http://bit.ly/2PO4cEr
October 10, 2019 - The Financial Costs & Mental Health Benefits Of Gender-Affirming Surgery For Transgender People - https://on.mktw.net/34Dqn4t
October 10, 2019 - Reduction in Mental Health Treatment Utilization Among Transgender Individuals After Gender-Affirming Surgeries: A Total Population Study - http://bit.ly/33mYHAJ
October 10, 2019 - Latest Economist/YouGov Poll Shows Overall Public Supports Laws Prohibiting Discrimination In Hiring & Employment On The Basis Of Sexual Orientation And Gender Identity - http://bit.ly/2oVXWj1
- October 28, 2019 - California Poll Workers To Receive Training On How To Assist Transgender, Gender Non-Conforming Voters - http://bit.ly/34vrVxy
- November 1, 2019 - San Francisco Mayor Breed To Raise Transgender Flag At City Hall - http://bit.ly/2px0fJU
- November 1, 2019 - Let’s Honor Those Who Have Served With Pride - http://bit.ly/33j1sTM
- November 11, 2019 - Documentary Honors Los Angeles’ LGBTQ+ Vets For Veterans Day - http://bit.ly/2NGGR69
- November 18, 2019 - San Diego Raises Transgender Flag For First Time - http://bit.ly/2KEVWDo
- August 23, 2019 - Pensacola Practice Specializes In Health Care For Transgender Community - http://bit.ly/311oUCO
- October 10, 2019 - How Central Florida Agencies Are Becoming More LGTBQ-Inclusive - http://bit.ly/33tlj2m
- October 18, 2019 - Honolulu Pride Parade Bringing Color Down The Streets Of Waikīkī - http://bit.ly/2WHjo7S
- September 4, 2019 - Transgender People No Longer Need Medical Paperwork To Correct Gender Markers On Illinois Identity Documents - http://bit.ly/2pQ3f3B
- October 14, 2019 - ISU Speech Clinic Helps Transgender Clients Find Their Voice - http://bit.ly/36qMqx0
- October 11, 2019 - Iowa Organization Working To Improve Workplace Culture For LGBTQ Employees - http://bit.ly/2Cdj87a
- October 16, 2019 - New Notary Business To Serve All, But It’s Opening With Transgender People In Mind - http://bit.ly/33i3SBQ
- November 18, 2019 - Michigan Secretary of State Benson Announces Department Is Making It Easier For Transgender People To Obtain A New Driver's License Or State Identification Card - http://bit.ly/35p0fLj
- November 7, 2019 - Sgt. Mic Nowak Of The Minnesota Army National Guard Discusses The Road To Living His Truth As A Transgender Man And Serving His Country - http://bit.ly/2rE4G6f
- October 26, 2019 - Nonbinary Folks In Kansas City Say Their Pronouns Aren't Really That Hard To Understand - http://bit.ly/34y0XWa
- November 11, 2019 - Springfield Transgender Veteran Sent By Company To Represent In NYC Veterans Day Parade - http://bit.ly/2q9L0GR
- November 18, 2019 - Kansas City Missouri Veteran Speaks Against Transgender Military Ban - http://bit.ly/2KFfeZr
- November 3, 2019 - Las Vegas’ Transgender Community Faces Barriers To Health Care - http://bit.ly/34vq0ZL
- October 29, 2019 - New Mexico To Allow Gender-Neutral Sex Designation On Birth Certificates -http://bit.ly/2qp43N3
- October 19, 2019 - New York State Veterans' Services Trained In LGBTQ Cultural Competency - http://bit.ly/2AYoQJm
- November 5, 2019 - New Adirondack Medical Center (AMC) Doctor Adds Treatment For Transgender Patients - http://bit.ly/2NpKVrA
- November 12, 2019 - New York Governor Cuomo Signs Law Giving LGBTQ Veterans Access To NY Benefits - https://on.ny.gov/2NIjCsI
- November 12, 2019 - New York Court Documents Are Going To Include Additional Gender Options - http://bit.ly/2OpCjjR
- October 1, 2019 - Conference On Transgender Health Care Shows Pittsburgh Is Improving, But Still Learning - http://bit.ly/31YzAUh
- October 4, 2019 - Philadelphia Passes Bill To Protect And Include Transgender And Non-Binary Youth - http://bit.ly/2KeP13V
- August 9, 2019 - Rhode Island Will Offer Third Gender Option For Licenses And Birth Certificates - http://bit.ly/2KKNX7h
- November 11, 2019 - Rhode Island Will Restore Benefits for LGBTQ Veterans - http://bit.ly/2qali5d
- October 10, 2019 - Utah Supreme Court Orders State To Weigh In On Transgender Birth Certificate Issue - http://bit.ly/2NewUwO
- October 20, 2019 - Utah Transgender Nonprofit Opens Office In Orem, Aims To Help Individuals Pay For Gender-Confirmation Surgery - http://bit.ly/2Ni4t0V
- August 18, 2019 - Federal Judge Overturns Wisconsin Medicaid Provision Barring Transgender Surgery - http://bit.ly/2IxEQX4
- September 22, 2019 - Transgender Surgery, Now More Accessible In Wisconsin - http://bit.ly/2OyOgFt