Another very fascinating and active member of the ILF Wider Community is Alexei Levene, serial entrepreneur and heavily engaged in sustainable innovations. One of the projects he is involved with is “Culture Unplugged”, and Culture Unplugged (CU) are currently looking for Interns. Below a bit more information:
• CU is a foundation that compiles free documentaries for social change through a portal and festivals, has over 15,000 documentaries listed, 10+ million hits a month
• the team sits in Kerala, South India and are looking for interns to join the team in their eco-campus for 3 months and to work effectively on supporting the the cause
• there are various opportunities to add value and interns may be doing anything from watching and categorising documentaries to working on the website or writing content.
• this is a unique environment and will suit someone looking to work diligently, who enjoys nature, who loves film and who wants to participate in using media as a force for good
• interested applicants can email Alexei in the first instance
Back in November 2014 NESTA launched the Longitude Prize, seeking solutions to “The challenge to create a cost-effective, accurate, rapid, and easy-to-use test for bacterial infections that will allow health professionals worldwide to administer the right antibiotics at the right time.” In order to maximise the number and diversity of entrants to the Longitude Prize they have launched the Discovery Awards, small seed grants to help teams and individuals further develop their ideas for the Longitude Prize. Application deadline is the 26th August.
And finally, Friend of the ILF Madeleine van der Steege is involved in research into Leadership in a VUCA World (VUCA - Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous). Would be super if you could support this research by completing a very short survey which is part of the International Community Platform’s 2016 research program Uncovering & nurturing growth opportunities. We are collaborating in this survey with Synquity, a local team of international experts dedicated to the field of leadership.
By the way, there is a book on Leadership in a VUCA World coming out soon - about about that next time!
And don’t forget, the submission deadline for the IET Innovation Awards is 8th July 2016.