Ananda Kanan is Alive and Well
The purpose of this newsletter is to keep you informed of things going on at Ananda Kanan master unit
Most Margis haven't seen Ananda Kanan for a few years now. A lot has happened here in that time, all of it good. Since Ananda Marga retreats had become small, it was important to develop alternative sources of income for Ananda Kanan. The obvious solution was to invite other groups and individuals to use the facilities here. To make that happen, I set up a management company and began to make improvements to the buildings and grounds. In coming installments of this newsletter I will feature some of these changes, like:
- a new wood floor for the dc hall,
- new floors and stalls for the family dorm bathrooms,
- individually controlled heating and cooling in the family dorm rooms,
- a completely redesigned courtyard area in front of the dining hall with sitting areas, fountain, fireplace, tables with umbrellas and new landscaping,
- new heating and cooling for Babas house main room,
- repainted dining hall and dorm,
- new windows in dining hall,
- redesigned work flow in the kitchen,
- new trails around the lake and through the woods,
- remodeled cabins with queen beds and kitchenettes, yoga spa in third cabin,
- new steps to the dock at the lake, and more.
I hope you are inspired to see these changes for yourself. We cordially invite you to participate in this summers Ananda Marga Summer Conference June 29- July 5. The overall theme is "Sadhana." A special program is being prepared for new Margis.
Go to www.ozarkretreatcenter.com/workshops for the retreat flyer with more info. To stay up to date like us on Facebook: ananda kanan ozark retreat center.
For Baba, Sudhiira