Here's five ideas to help you to connect with your contacts
1. Invitations - Send out personally written invites to your friends, family or contacts inviting them to the event. It could be a postcard with an image of your book cover. Who doesn't love receiving mail?
2. Enthusiastic Email - About two weeks before the event send out a short but enthusiastic email inviting your contacts to the event. Don't forget to use BCC on bulk emails.
3. It's not secret squirrell - Tell people why you're exhibiting at the event and why you'd love them to come along and support you.
4. Party Time - It's your party so invite your social media followers along. Let them know you'll be there and available to chat about your books, your business, or your next project.
5. Are you Twittering? - If you're a twitterer let your followers know what you're up to prior to the event, and during it. It might just encourage them to come along and enjoy the event too.