Here's 8 confidence building ideas when exhibiting at festivals
1. Nervous wee - Nothing worse than thinking about your bladder.
2. Stand Up - It will make you seem more approachable.
3. Smile - Try to hide your nervousness behind a genuine smile.
4. Eye contact - Make eye contact as people pass closely to browse.
5. Welcome - Visitors are nervous approaching stands so offer a friendly greeting
6. Point - Point to your books saying briefly their genre, age appropriateness (if kids book) and what they are about or where they're based.
7. Offer a display book - If they stop offer them a display book to look at.
8. Stop talking - Let them look at your book and read the back blurb. Wait for them to engage in conversation. Don't be pushy.