The planning committee of the 2019 Iowa Diabetes & Wellness Summit invites you to submit presentation proposals.
The committee is looking for proposals addressing all aspects of diabetes prevention and management. This is a great opportunity to share your work with diabetes educators, clinicians, dietitians, and other professionals working across Iowa.
The committee is particularly interested in reviewing proposals in the following areas, though we will accept proposals for any related topic:
- health equity and disparities;
- addressing mental health in diabetes care;
- innovative partnerships, collaboration or deliverance of diabetes prevention and control services;
- innovative diabetes prevention program (DPP) service coverage models;
- diabetes and heart disease;
- addressing the obesity epidemic through nutrition/physical activity initiatives or policy, systems & environmental (PSE) changes;
- innovative clinical, systems-based healthcare strategies to improve quality diabetes care; and
- engaging patients and families as the center of their diabetes care.
The deadline to submit proposals will be June 14, 2019 at 5:00 pm. We hope to notify everyone of our decision by August 1, 2019.