|PRESERVE AND REVITALIZE OUR NEIGHBORHOOD
The Community Budget Request process is intended for community councils to provide suggestions on funding projects that are paramount to the preservation and/or revitalization of each neighborhood.
The communities’ projects are reviewed by appropriate City departments during their budget preparation. Potential funding options for the projects are considered and recommendations will be made to City Council in the proposed FY 2022-2023 budget.
- Community Councils can submit 3 capital projects to the City budget on a biennial schedule.
- The deadline to submit projects is October 23, 2020.
- The City held an info session on August 20, which several Council Board members and residents attended. The session stressed that Community Councils should work with City Planning and relevant Departments to create their requests.
- These projects must be public works projects, cannot enhance private property.
- Learn more from this very thorough reference guide.
We want your ideas! We already have five possible projects, but are open to more. These suggestions will be discussed and honed during the September 15th Council meeting. We will then vote on our final three options in the October 20th meeting, just in time for the submission deadline. Please be a part of this exciting opportunity for our neighborhood.