Columbus Robotics Competition
We are looking forward to another exciting robotics competition Thursday - Saturday. Thank you to everyone for all of your hard work thus far. Congratulations again on your great showing in the Gainesville semifinals and on winning the Imagery and UL Safety Awards!
- Review email below for details.
- Please reply on Monday to RexMachinaTCS@gmail.com and let us know:
- if you will be riding down with the team on Thursday
- if you will be spending Thursday night in the hotel with the team
- if you will be spending Friday night in the hotel with the team
- if you have any roommate preferences, and we will do our best to honor them.
Please remember, it's always "game on" when you are at the event venue.
- Every member of our team needs to volunteer for at least one hour; ask Mrs. Thomas or Mr. Taylor for volunteer opportunities.
- We'll distribute scouting forms for this event, so even while spectating in the stands you can help the team out by capturing crucial intelligence about other robots. We can use these details during alliance selection.
We plan to leave TCHS at 2:45 on Thursday afternoon.
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
1400 3rd Avenue (Whitewater Ave.)
Phenix City, Alabama 36867
(Please no nuts; we have a nut allergy on our team)
- Bring $30 total for dinner Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
- Bring two breakfast items (enough for yourself only) for Friday & Saturday.
- Bring the following food, and any sodas and snacks you would like to the high school office on Thursday morning.
Note: We had bottled water,a whole bin of non perishable snacks and condiments left, which we will be bringing. Not many people ate fruit or veggies, so please bring your own if you would like something "healthy.";)
1.0 lbs. sliced ham
1 loaf white bread
30+ individual packages of cookies
24 american cheese slices
2.0 lbs. sliced turkey
4 lbs. sliced roast beef
Take Cooler with ice packs & 2 food bins to Mrs. Ayers on Thursday morning
15 sandwich buns
1 gallon milk
Take cooler with ice packs to office Thursday morning
30+ sandwich bags
2 packages cheddar cheese slices
30+ individual packages chips
2 packages colby jack cheese slices
1 loaf honey wheat bread
1 loaf wheat bread
What to Wear:
- Thursday before you leave at 2:45 pm, black Rex T-shirt and jeans or khakis
- Friday & Saturday, Pit shirt and jeans or khakis. Please wear an undershirt on Friday & Saturday as we will not be able to wash your pit shirt.
- Close toed shoes
- Long hair tied back
- Coach: Chris Taylor, 404.668.2937
- Mentor: Bethany Thomas, 404.450.8224
- Mentor: Russ Thomas, 770.301.5899
Please let us know if you have any questions. We're looking forward to a great competition!
FIRST Robotics Team #5582
TCStechClub.com | RexMachinaTCS.com