As we are now in our 5th year of Workforce Scotland, it feels timely to invite friends, colleagues and learning partners to join us to reflect on our current context, the future of public services, and the collective role we can all take in their delivery all with the aim of shaping the future of Workforce Scotland.
Our aim over the coming months is to host a series of engagement events with colleagues from across public services who can shape and influence change within their sectors. Ultimately, this series of events will aim to:
- Shape the values, ethos and principles of Workforce Scotland - something we all as public services can be part of;
- Explore the future of Workforce Scotland - where could and should we all be making an impact over coming years;
- Create a collaborative and collective strategy for Workforce Scotland - and public services - to progress over the coming years.
Our first event is planned for 30 August in Glasgow. At this event we hope to:
- Celebrate the successes of Workforce Scotland and reflect on what we have collectively learned about collaboration over the past five years
- Share opportunities to get more involved
- Share our current context - what external factors are influencing all of our work?
- Explore our collective vision for public services – what are we all working towards?
This first event is aimed at colleagues working within public and third sector organisations who would recognise that they have a role to develop organisations, whether formally in an OD or learning and development role within public services or increasingly carrying out these roles and tasks as part of everyday service delivery.
We are asking colleagues interested in participating to connect in with senior leaders and other change makers within their organisations to ensure that your organisation if properly represented. If you would like to join us to help us shape the future of Workforce Scotland, please register now.