The Inter Tribal Council of Arizona (ITCA) Tribal Water System Program provides technical assistance to tribes in order to assist with technical, managerial, and financial capacity (TMF), as well as water & wastewater utility sustainability. The program partners with federal agencies and other organizations to assure service availability for Tribal Water Utility operators and managers.
ITCA staff can assist utility decision makers and staff with a wide range of technical, managerial, and financial issues relating to operation of community water and wastewater systems.
Examples of Technical Assistance Services Offered:
• SDWA & CWA Compliance Monitoring
• Monitoring Frequency Voucher Applications
• Pumps, Motors, & Controls
• System Capacity and Sustainability
• System Evaluation – Sanitary Survey Preparation
• Sampling, Monitoring, and Laboratory Testing
• Grant and Loan Applications
• Capital Improvement Plans & Asset Management
• Budgets, Rates, and Reserves
• Emergency Response Planning
• Utility Ordinances & Policies
• Vulnerability Assessment/Source Water Protection
• Wastewater Treatment & Collections
• Drinking Water Treatment and Distribution
Assistance can involve onsite visits, or it can be accomplished through phone or email communication. Please see the ITCA Tribal Water Systems Technical Assistance Request Form here. Want to learn more? Click here.