Dear WASH partners and donors,
Thank you for your participation in the webinar on Emergency WASH response gaps and funding needs in North-West Syria (15/03/21). We are hopeful that the event was meaningful and provided you with the information to plan your interventions, ahead of the Brussels Conference. For those who couldn’t participate in the webinar, the recorded version is available here and the slideshow here.
In addition, we wanted to provide more detailed information on the urgent needs of US$61M funding for the next 6 months, as below:
If you have any further questions, please do contact the team in North West Syria as per the contacts below:
- Restoration of water stations, extension and operational support of networks for 1.45M people costs USD13M
- Emergency water trucking for 632,000 people costs USD4.8M
- Solid waste management for 1.2M people costs USD1M
- WASH NFIs USD8M for two rounds of hygiene kits for 1.7M people
- Latrine construction and maintenance of latrines for 681,376 people requires USD23.8M.
- Other related WASH activities, services (desludging, sanitation networks, hygiene promotion, water storage tanks, WASH in schools, WASH in health facilities, staffing and admin, etc.) USD10.4M.
WASH Cluster NW Syria:
Many thanks again for your interest in the event.
The Cluster and Advocacy Support Team (CAST)