November 27, 2019
Short North Alliance
886 N. High St, 4th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
Betsy A. Pandora, MCRP
SHORT NORTH ARTS DISTRICT KICKS OFF THE SEASON WITH HOLIDAY TRAIL, BAZAAR, TREE LIGHTING, & MORE
- WHAT: The Short North Arts District kicks off the holiday season this weekend with various holiday promotions, performances and more, including:
- The Holiday Trail presented by Huntington National Bank: Shop at participating Short North Arts District businesses to collect Holiday Trail stickers. Once five stickers are collected, shoppers can redeem for a $50 parking meter gift card at Le Méridien, The Joseph Columbus.
- Holiday Bazaar: Shop, eat, and explore special pop-ups and experiences at favorite local retailers while enjoying holiday performers all along High Street.
- Deck the District Tree Lighting: The Short North Arts District Holiday Tree is lit for the first time this holiday season with the help of special guests. Visitors can also take a picture in front of a brand new selfie-space, created by local artist Briden Schueren.
- WHEN: Sunday, December 1, 2019
- Holiday Bazaar: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Deck the District Tree Lighting: 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Holiday Trail presented by Huntington National Bank: Nov. 29 through Dec. 31
- WHO: City Officials, including Michael Stinziano; Betsy Pandora, Executive Director, Short North Alliance; Russ Barney, Business Banking leader for Central Ohio, Huntington National Bank; Santa; 30 members of the CAHS Chorale; Amazing Giants Stilt Walkers; and public attendees.
- WHERE: Poplar Park in the Short North Arts District, located next to Local Cantina at 600 N. High St.; Holiday Trail and Bazaar will take place throughout the Short North Arts District.
- PHOTO OPP:
- Holiday performers and red balloons will line High Street to indicate Holiday Bazaar participating local retailers, while individuals shop on Small Business Weekend
- Santa, CAHS Chorale, City Officials, Amazing Giants Stilt Walkers, Huntington Representatives, and the Short North Alliance officiate the Short North Arts District Tree Lighting
- CONTACT: Betsy Pandora, Executive Director of the Short North Alliance, 614-299-8050, Betsypandora@shortnorth.org
- MORE: For more information, visit shortnorth.org/holidays.