Hello Stonehill Family,
We look forward to worshiping together this Sabbath!
You can keep up with all the latest at Stonehill
on our Facebook page:
or our webpage: http://StonehillChurch.org/
If you would like to have announcements listed in the bulletin or here in our weekly newsletter please email me at Meri@StonehillChurch.org. All requests have to be to me by Wednesday evening before Sabbath.
Do not conform any longer to the
pattern of this world, but be
transformed by the renewing of
your miind. Then you will be
able to test and approve what
God’s will is – his good, pleasing
perfect will. – Romans 12:2
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. – Jeremiah 29:11
“Wishing you and your family a very blessed and happy New Year” -Pr. Eugene, Michele & Lauren
Guys Table Tennis Group We meet this coming Sunday! Remember to invite your friends, and to keep practicing!
Here are the details of what we are about:
Parents each young man will need the following:
- Purpose: To share lessons that will help with the Christian moral and spiritual development of young men in our church family and together learn to play table tennis proficiently, while having loads of fun.
- Date: 1st Sunday of every month
- Time: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Location - http://www.austintabletennis.com/
- Meeting format:
- Half hour spiritual focus
- Remainder of time is for Table Tennis
- Liquid to keep hydrated (there are water fountains at the facility)
- A good breakfast (but not too much) since playing table tennis can cause you to consume lots of energy
- A set of table tennis pads. Parents I suggest each young man do chores to earn or pay for the pads they use. We will celebrate with each guy as they declare they have completed paying for their pads.
- We will recognize and reward the boys who make the meeting on time and consistently.
- I highly recommend this book - http://www.amazon.com/Raising-Modern-Day-Knight-Fathers-Authentic/dp/1589973097. It was really helpful to me in guiding my son in considering what values would truly make him a man.
- The cost of renting the Austin TT facility is $100. This provides us with 5 tables that we can use. If your family can contribute to help with this cost, it will be appreciated. If not, please do not let this be a barrier in any way to you and your child/children participating.
PS: The gate code for getting in to the storage lot is 491#7664*
Keep practicing. Check out this website for some really good tutorials - http://www.videojug.com/tag/table-tennis.
Stonehill Christian Academy has immediate openings for the following two positions:
* Treasurer - Requires accounting experience.
* Teacher Aide - Working in the Grade 3-8 classroom 37.5
hours per week. See http://www.stonehillchristianacademy.org/article/25/about-our-school/jobs for details. Contact the school at
512-763-2776 for more information or email resume to
Chinyere Ukegbu (email@example.com) or
Brent Holm (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Are you intrigued by the study of Revelation? God has given us a handbook to show us end time events that could happen during our lifetime. Join June Ayers and Tim Jones as they lead this study, to get a fresh look at God’s message. Begin by reading Daniel 12 and Revelation 1 and be committed to attending all six sessions. Meet in the boardroom from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm. Bring your Bible and a bite to eat. January 9th & 16th, February 6th & 13th, March 5th & 12th.
Join the choir! Registration for the Stonehill Choir is open. Have you always wanted to sing with us? Now is your chance. No experience (just passion!) required. Rehearsals for the spring program begin January 16, 2016. All members, existing and new, should register at http://stonehillchurch.org/stonehill-choir/ by January 16. Questions? Contact Kijana Knight-Torres at email@example.com.
Rhona Ballarta, “I want to thank everyone for their prayers and the beautiful basket of flowers. Your thoughtful gestures have truly comforted me and my family during this difficult time”.
Praise in Giving: Our Local Church Budget.
Praise in Music: Joshua Gantalao
The Message: “Do Not Fear, This New Year”,
Romans 8:12-15 – Pastor Eugene Kitney
Elder of the Day: Rhona Ballarta
firstname.lastname@example.org | (512) 626-0313
Flowers up front: If you would like
to donate a floral bouquet
for our platform to celebrate
a special occasion or just
because,contact Rhona Ballarta at
Stonehill 101 Class
No Fellowship Lunch
1. Local Budget covers all of our church ministries as well as
building and mortgage.
2. Tithe comprises all funds sent to the Texas Conference for
the administrative support of God’s missionary work.
3. Identify any other specific designations that you wish on
your offering envelopes. All unmarked loose offering will
go to support our Local Church Ministry budget.
For convenient online giving,visit StonehillChurch.org.
Sunday: Guys’ Table Tennis, 11:00 am-1:00 pm, Austin Table Tennis Club
Tuesday: Prayer Group. A weekly session devoted to praying for our school, the parents, teachers, and students. It will meet at the school at 8:15 am.
Friday: Pathfinder Exodus Bible Study 6:30-9:00 pm
Elders’ Meeting during lunch.
Fellowship Lunch hosted by Deacons & Deaconesses.
Revelation Study 1:00-2:30 pm in the board room.
Pathfinder Meeting 2:30-5:30 pm.
Adventurer Meeting 2:30-4:00 pm.
Stonehill Choir begins
All guests, friends and members are welcome to join us after the worship service for fellowship lunch.
Members we encourage you, to invite guests to join you in line. Please bring an entree, salad/vegetable and bread/dessert if you plan to stay for lunch. We also ask that if you stay for lunch please help us cleanup.
Please remember to:
Pick up your trash
Wipe down your table
And put up your chairs
Children’s Ministries: Children's activity bags are available to our visitors and members during the service and can be found near the greeters table by the main entrance. Please remember to return them at the end of the service. If you are interested in helping with or leading out in this ministry, please contact Amber Lovett at email@example.com.
Please remember these requests in your daily prayers:
Special Emphasis: The families of the students at Stonehill Christian Academy
Parrish family – James’ health deteriorating
Bill Price (Corky's husband) - recovering from accident
Rhona Ballarta – her father passed away
Demi Garduque. (Chinyere Ukegbu’s friend) - end stage renal disease
Trish Perme – health issues
Carolden Strickland – medical issue
Laurie (Hutchison’s daughter) – breast cancer
Matthew Walker – cancer is in remission
David Stone (Sue Peugh's friend) - Leukemia
James (Hutchison’s friend) - Lymphoma
Karin (Brent and Meri's friend) - Breast cancer
Grace Byrd (daughter of Amber Lovett’s friend) - Leukemia
Lukas (Sue Peugh’s great nephew) – health issues
Elias Taylor (Alicia’s 3-year-old son) – high blood pressure
Jim Underwood (friend of the Julers) – brain cancer
Kaitlyn Jankovsky (daughter of the Ballarta’s friend) - Leukemia
Teatsy Farris – lung cancer
Thomas Taylor – nursing home
If you have a prayer request or praise, send it to PrayForMe@stonehillchurch.org.
Church directory reminder: Remember, you can access our church directory through the Instant Church Directory app, available for your Android, Amazon, or Apple device. Our directory is always being updated by our Communications Team. If you want to update your directory information, or if you have any questions about the directory, you can contact our administrative assistant, Meri Holm at Meri@StonehillChurch.org
Have a Blessed Day!
Administrative Assistant, Church Office
**If you want to become a member or transfer membership from another church please get in contact with Meri Holm or email Meri@StonehillChurch.org