Hello Stonehill Family,
We look forward to worshiping together this Sabbath!
You can keep up with all the latest at Stonehill on our Facebook page:
or our webpage:
If you would like to have announcements listed in the bulletin or here in our weekly newsletter please email me at Eric@StonehillChurch.org. All requests have to be to me by Wednesday evening before Sabbath.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NIV
Treasures in Jars of Clay
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
SERMON - Judge Eric Shepperd
“What's so amazing about Grace” 2 Samuel 9:1-12
Elder in Charge: Chris Walton
email@example.com, (423) 552-5772
Praise Team: Carson & Team
Stewardship Offering – Local Church Budget Today’s offering is for our local church budget. The church budget supports the ministries of the church and provides the funds needed for the church building.
Potluck Announcement!!! To our visitors, please join us for a potluck fellowship after church service. We also want to encourage our church family to bring along a covered vegetarian dish to serve about 7-10 people. As a reminder the class/group assigned to potluck each week is responsible for coordinating the receiving/placement of dishes, not prepare all the dishes. Thank you! For some cooking ideas visit http://allrecipes.com/recipes/everyday-cooking/vegetarian/.
Church Directory Pictures! Roscell Pisuena will be taking pictures each Sabbath in April starting with April 11th to update our online/mobile directory. Pictures will be from 10:00 - 11:00am & then again after the service until 2:00pm. Families may certainly order prints if they want. Contact Roscell Pisuena firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The Squires Adventurer Club invites you join us for a tour of Inner Space Cavern! Sunday, March 29 @ 2:45pm. Discounted admission is $10.99+tax for adults, $6.50+tax for ages 4-18, FREE for ages 3 & under. You must mention "Adventurer Club" to get the discounted price. Contact Laurie Chodorow at 512-300-9723 or LChodorow@yahoo.com.
Daystar Adventist Academy's Bell and Choir groups will be performing at Georgetown SDA Church on Friday evening, April 10th at 7:00pm. Danylle Langley, a member of Stonehill, will be performing with the academy's bell choir.
We'll have choir practice this Sabbath, after potluck in the Teen Sabbath School room. Please contact Kijana (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Rescheduled! Golfing with Eldon this Sunday March 29, at 8:00am. Come on out and enjoy the beautiful weather on the golf course. Eldon will be teeing off at Hancock Golf Course. Physical address is: 811 E. 41st St., Austin, TX 78751. Please contact Eldon if you want to join the group. Hancock Golf Course is located in the heart of Austin. It is a Par 35, 9-hole course that carries you up and down hills and over beautiful Waller Creek.
We need to raise 5k so that we can get 5k match for A/V equipment. The 10k will be used to purchase new equipment. You can give by putting the donated amount as A/V fund on your tithe envelope. We have 1 month (Deadline April 25) in which to raise the matching amount in order to get the full benefit of the donation/grant. More specifically:
1) Purchase and mounting of new projectors. This will enable us to get all of the cords off of the floor and help us to move upstairs.
2) New mixing board
3) Additional small ticket items to install the new equipment above.
Sabbath school class:
The Pursuing Spiritual Transformation Sabbath (Romans 12:1-3) school group, facilitated by Peter Walker focus on helping each other understand and grow into the likeness of Jesus Christ. We do this by seeking to understand practical ways to study the Bible and be filled with the Holy Spirit. We create a safe place where we can be honest in our questions and supported in our growth. Checkout this video from one of our group member https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTSt8gw_2k
Stonehill Christian Academy is now enrolling students for the coming school year for Pre-K through 8th grade. There is a discount on the registration fee if paid by April 15. Ask about our summer camp program for students ages 3-8. Classroom and class sizes are limited and we anticipate full enrollment, so register early to ensure your child gets in. Contact Principal Chinyere Ukegbu for enrollment packet or questions: 512-763-2776 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1st Reading - Beth Sinha has been nominated by the Church Board to be the Sabbath School Coordinator.
Incoming Transfers (Second Reading):
Erik & Silvia Covarrubias from Round Rock SDA
Karen & Jenny Covarrubias from Round Rock SDA
Lucinda Phillips from Miramonte Blvd SDA, LA, CA
Saul & Arcelia Cortez from Mt View Hispanic SDA, CA
Outgoing Transfers (Second Reading):
Sandra Banfield to South Austin SDA, Austin, TX
Albert & Allison Handal to Keene SDA, Keene, TX
Stephanie Frausto to Austin Central SDA, Austin, TX
Church business meeting on March 28.
(Click here to get supporting documents)
Vespers at 7:45-8:00 & Discussion on Matters: 8-9 PM
1) Pastoral search update
2) Near term ministry objectives
3) Church building repair and upkeep
School Wish List (contact Cici if you can help):
• Volunteer drivers for various community outreach projects. With only one van, we have had to cancel various outreach projects as we don’t have enough rides for our students.
• Volunteers to help supervise lunch/recess times. This would be very helpful as the teachers would have some time to prep for various classes.
• Volunteers to read with students. With many of our students coming from a non-English speaking home, it would be helpful for students to have more practice reading out loud in English.
20 minutes in prayer. There is strength to be obtained of God. He can help. He can give grace and heavenly wisdom. If you ask in faith, you will receive; but you must watch unto prayer. Watch, pray, work, should be your watchword. -2T 2:427
I would like to invite and encourage everyone to join us for 20 minutes in prayer every Sabbath after potluck in the conference room.
Our objective is threefold:
1) We will be praying for God’s direction and discernment in the search for our new pastor.
2) For God to pour out His Holy Spirit and cause us to love Him and to love one another.
3) For God to awaken a passion in our hearts to desire to go out to spread the Everlasting Gospel to those in the surrounding areas.
Prayer Warriors, please remember these requests in your daily prayers:
Special Emphasis: Pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on our elders that they will seek eagerly to know and do the will of Christ in leading the church in practical ways to a richer and more meaningful walk with Him. Pray for boldness, humility, teachable spirit, compassion for weak and hurting, along with a hunger for fulfilling our call to seek the lost.
Donna Tonn – recovering
Elias Taylor (Alicia’s 3 year old son) – high blood pressure
Kimberly Jaurez (Roberto Torres’ friend) – breast cancer
Marianne (Robert Juler’s sister) – TIA and chronic health issues
Rachel Juler’s niece – family crisis
Jim Underwood (friend of the Julers) – brain cancer and broken hip
Louann Bowker (Brent Holm’s friend) – stage 4 cancer
Lukas (Sue Peugh’s great nephew) – Tethered spinal cord
Kaitlyn Jankovsky (daughter of the Ballarta’s friend) - Leukemia
Trish Perme – serious health issues
Matthew Walker (Peter and Lisa’s son) – kidney cancer
Teatsy Farris – lung cancer
Roger Dickhaut (friend of Roger Peugh) – serious health issues
Peggy Ray (Sue Peugh’s relative) – health issues
Angie (Roger Peugh’s niece) – cancer
Thomas Taylor – nursing home
Stonehill Christian Academy – pray for our teachers, staff, and students
If you have a prayer request or praise, send it to PrayForMe@stonehillchurch.org.
1 - Local Budget covers all of our church ministries as well as building and mortgage.
2 - Tithe comprises all funds sent to the Texas Conference for the administrative support of God’s missionary work.
Feel free to identify any other specific designations that you wish on your offering envelopes, which are available at the back of the sanctuary. Any unmarked loose offering will go to support our Local Church Ministry budget. For convenient online giving, visit Stonehillchurch.org/
Call to Pray for 100 Days
Imagine millions of Seventh-day Adventists around the world praying for 100 days for the same thing! From March 25 through July 11, 2015, you are encouraged to pray with millions of others for the presence and power of the Holy Spirit to be fully experienced by our church members during the General Conference Session, July 2-11, 2015 in San Antonio, Texas.
What Might Have Been
After the 1901 General Conference Session, Ellen White had a vision in which she witnessed those in the meetings responding to the Holy Spirit to be reconciled through humility, confession of sins and removal of barriers between each other. This was followed by earnest prayer, songs of praise and the evident presence of the Holy Spirit. (See Testimonies, Vol. 8, pp. 104-106.)
When she woke from the vision, Mrs. White realized this breakthrough had not happened as God intended. Hardhearted participants prevented the unity God so desired. Deeply disappointed, she understood that the Lord could have come in their lifetime! But His people did not surrender their thoughts and opinions to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
It Still Can Be!
“What might have been” for 1901, still can be for 2015! Jesus invites us to unite together, and pray for His power to break through the hearts of individuals and usher in His Second Coming. Will you invite your family, friends, and church members to join in 100 Days of Prayer, seeking God’s will for the General Conference Session?
You can view a 16-minute video reenactment of this vision at www.100daysofprayer.org, where you can also register your participation.
1. Pray for the falling of the Latter Rain of the Holy Spirit on the 2015 General Conference Session which will usher in the final loud cry and empower us to finish the work so we can go home.
2. Pray that attendees will appreciate the theme, “Arise! Shine! Jesus is coming!” as not only applying to the church at large but for each of us as believers as we proclaim the three angels’ messages of Revelation 14.
3. Pray that God will fill the Almodome with His Presence and that people walking in the doors will sense the power of the Holy Spirit.
4. Pray that it won’t just be business as usual at this GC session, but a spiritual revival that we all need to empower us to reach this world for Jesus.
5. Pray that the speakers will be prepared and Holy Spirit anointed, and attendees’ hearts will be prepared to hear the messages.
6. Pray that the running translations be accurate and Holy Spirit empowered.
7. Pray that the youth, early teens, junior, primary, kindergarten and cradle roll meetings be a reviving experience for our young people. And that God help the staff prepare.
8. Pray that the non-SDA workers and staff in San Antonio will be impacted by what they witness in our lives.
9. Pray for a special Holy Spirit outpouring on the ECD (East-Central Africa Division) leadership as they prepare for GC session: Blasious Ruguri, Nthaniel Walemba, Jerome Habimana and all their team.
10. Pray for the Missions to the Cities initiatives that are taking place in the ECD.
Administrative Assistant, Church Office
**If you want to become a member or transfer membership from another church please get in contact with Meri Holm or email email@example.com