Hello Stonehill Church Family,
“In order to credit the correct account with your donation, please print first and last names clearly when filling out the envelope stub as there may be others with the same last name.”
We look forward to worshiping with you this Sabbath!
Madelyn Lovett graduated from Pre-K at Stonehill Christian Academy
Alexa Posadas graduated Pre-K at Stonehill Christian Academy
Thank God Nwachukwu graduated from Pre-K at Stonehill Christian Academy
Isaac Chodorow graduated from Kindergarten at Wells Branch Elementary
Alexa Casaux graduated from Kindergarten at Stonehill Christian Academy
Lauren Kitney graduated from Kindergarten at Stonehill Christian Academy
Tobias Black graduated from Kindergarten at Stonehill Christian Academy
Stefen Web graduated from Kindergarten at Stonehill Christian Academy
Belinda Atta graduated from High School
Leila Nyandusi graduated from High School
Elizabeth Parrish graduated from Stony Point High School
Davika Reid received her Masters Degree from University of Texas
Food for thought...
Jesus Calling, Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young, page 164
Remember that you live in a fallen world; an abnormal world tainted by sin. Much frustration and failure result from your seeking perfection in this life. There is nothing perfect in this world except Me. That is why closeness to Me satisfies deep yearnings and fills you with Joy.
I have planted longing for perfection in every human heart. This is a good desire, which I alone can fulfill. But most people seek this fulfillment in other people and earthly pleasures or achievements. Thus they create idols, before which they bow down. I will have no other gods before Me! Make Me the deepest desire of your heart. Let Me fulfill your yearning for perfection.
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desire of your heart. – Psalm 37:4
Praise in Giving: Texas Vision and our Local Church Budget.
When believers return a faithful tithe and give liberal offerings as the Lord has blessed them, they are putting their trust in the Lord. The stock market can fail, but the Lord will never fail.
Today’s offering will support conference-wide evangelism programs.
Praise in Music: Lucy Lopez
The Message: Big or Small God-er?” – Isaiah 55:6-9 - Pastor Kitney
Elder in charge: Brent Holm
email@example.com | 512.966.3502
Deacon in charge: Tim Jones
firstname.lastname@example.org | 423.903.4944
1. Local Budget - provides for our church ministries,
building, and mortgage.
2. Tithe - sent to Texas Conference for administrative
support in Texas and worldwide church.
3. Mark specific donations on your offering envelop. All
unmarked and loose offering is used to support our Local Budget.
4. Save labels (Morning Star, Loma Linda, Worthington).
Kellogg Corporation supports NAD mission projects for collected labels.
Flowers up front: If you
would like to donate a floral
bouquet for our platform to
celebrate a special occasion or just
because,contact Rhona Ballarta,
Sabbath, June 4
Stonehill 101 Class, 9:00-11:00 am
Finance Committee Meeting, June 12
Fellowship Lunch - Children’s Ministries
Adventurer Meeting, 2:30-4:00 pm
Worship in Song with Family & Friends at Austin Central SDA Church, 7:00-8:00 pm
Week of June 5-10
Sunday: Table Tennis at Austin Table Tennis Club,11:00-1:00 pm
Sunday: Adventurers’ Club Picnic
Wednesday: Keene Campmeeting
Sabbath, June 11
Fellowship Lunch - African Group
Elders Encounter, for Elders and their spouses, San Marcos, 4:00-7:30 pm
Youth Night at Stonehill, 7:30 pm
Dates to Remember
Youth Fest, June 17-19, at Southwestern University
Church Board Meeting, June 21
Lindy Posadas’ Baby Shower on June 26 @ 11 am - 3 pm. Venue to be announced later. Lindy is registered @ Baby R US and Target, under Lindy Posadas. Hosted by friends: Davika Reid, Amber Lovett, Michele Kitney, Keren Sutton and Noemi Garcia, if you have questions.
Vacation Bible School at Stonehill, July 11-18 from 6:00-8:00 pm
Things you need to know…
Pianists or other musicians: are needed for our Sabbath School classes.
Earliteens: need another teacher to help in the classroom. Please contact Beth Sinha at email@example.com if you are able to help.
Deacons: need a few more men to help with church responsibilities. membership is required, if you are able to help, contact either Pastor Kitney at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carlton Hackett at email@example.com.
Peru mission trip: If you would like to donate to the 28 July-8 August, please write in "Peru Mission Trip" on the tithe envelope. We appreciate all donations that enable our youth to help serve the children of Peru.
Tea Ministry is taking a break for the month of June. Breakfast will not be provided. We are still looking for team members to join us. Please contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Please dispose of baby wipes in the trash can and not the toilet. It wreaks havoc with our pump station. FLUSHABLE WIPES ARE NOT FLUSHABLE, EVER!
2) The appliances in the kitchen are NOT cleaned by our custodians; it is our responsibility to keep them clean.
3) Please pick up after yourself and your family. This is God’s House.
4) If you have items you would like to donate to the church, please contact the pastor first. We are not Goodwill.
Thank you for your attention to these matters.
Worship in Song at Austin Central Church
Guys' Table Tennis: We meet this coming Sunday!
Congratulations on completing your school year and welcome to summer! Let’s spend some time reflecting on our year together and planning ahead.
Please invite your friends and come let’s have fun as we grow in our skill and friendships!
Check out this video of new way to play table tennis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejg5GVV6aF4 It was invented by a graduate from Brown University, my alma mater.
Julian & Peter
Keep practicing. Check out this website for some really good tutorials - http://www.videojug.com/tag/table-tennis
Here are the details of what we are about:
- Purpose: To share lessons that will help with the Christian moral and spiritual development of young men in our church family and together learn to play table tennis proficiently, while having loads of fun.
- Date: 1st Sunday of every month
- Time: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Location - http://www.austintabletennis.com/
- Address and direction: here
- Meeting format:
- Half hour spiritual focus
- Remainder of time is for Table Tennis
Parents each young man will need the following:
Keene Campmeeting, June 8-11
- Liquid to keep hydrated (there are water fountains at the facility)
- A good breakfast (but not too much) since playing table tennis can cause you to consume lots of energy
- A set of table tennis pads. Parents I suggest each young man do chores to earn or pay for the pads they use.
- We will recognize and reward the boys who make the meeting on time and consistently.
- I highly recommend this book - http://www.amazon.com/Raising-Modern-Day-Knight-Fathers-Authentic/dp/1589973097. It was really helpful to me in guiding my son in considering what values would truly make him a man.
- The cost of renting the Austin TT facility is $100. This provides us with 5 tables that we can use. If your family can contribute to help with this cost it will be appreciated. If not, please do not let this be a barrier in any way to you and your child/children participating.
Ladies, here is the link to use if you wish to make your hotel reservation online. No passcode is needed. If any difficulties are encountered, please do not hesitate to Cheryl Allgood, letting her know what difficulty is encountered so she can check with La Torretta. You should be able to use this link to make hotel reservations without any problem.
The event reservation link is www.txsda.org/reg or by calling 817.790.2255 x2210.
Stonehill Christian Academy is now accepting applications for the following positions:
* School Treasurer - Requires accounting experience and a desire to help our school succeed. Please contact Brent Holm at 512-966-3501 for details.
* After School Care Aide - Now accepting applications. Please see the school website or contact Chinyere Ukegbu at 512.763.2776 for more details.
* Pre-K teacher - The person selected for this position will be responsible for supervising and teaching 3- and 4-year olds in a pre-Kindergarten classroom. First and foremost, the eligible individual must have a spiritual commitment and demonstrated ability to nurture children in a growing relationship with Jesus. If you or someone you know fits this description and would love to help us educate our children for eternity, please apply by sending your resume to either Brent Holm (email@example.com) or Chinyere Ukegbu (firstname.lastname@example.org). For a full job description, see the listing at http://stonehillchristianacademy.org/jobs.
Children’s Ministries: Children's activity bags are available to our visitors and members during the service and can be found near the greeters table by the main entrance. Please remember to return them at the end of the service. If you are interested in helping with or leading out in this ministry, please contact Amber Lovett at email@example.com.
Please remember these requests in your daily prayers:
Special Emphasis: Pray that our nominating committee have God's leading in finding the right people to lead our ministries and that they will be willing to do so
Pianists and other musicians are needed for our Sabbath School classes
Ellen Jensen - health issues
Benjamin Hackett (Carlton’s father) - health deteriorating
Melda Morris (Ann Marie Dyer’s mother) - health issues
Family and friends of June Schoonover who passed away
Brian Madry (Ellen Jensen’s coworker) - brain cancer
Emilie Pacheco - health issues
Wes Rippey (Joline Whichelow’s friend) - recovering from heart attack
Tina Okrah - facial palsy
Isolde Whichelow (Eric’s mother) - health issues
Yolanda Jacoby (Roberto’s sister’s mother-in-law) - stage 4 cancer
Diane Yates (Sarah Wolverton’s friend) - breast cancer
Demi Garduque (Chinyere Ukegbu’s friend) - end stage renal disease
Laurie (Hutchison’s daughter) - breast cancer
Bill Price (Corky’s husband) - slow recovery from accident
Matthew Walker - cancer is in remission
David Stone (Sue Peugh's friend) - Leukemia
James (Hutchison’s friend) - Lymphoma
Karin (Brent and Meri's friend) - Breast cancer
Grace Byrd (daughter of Amber Lovett’s friend) - Leukemia
Lukas (Sue Peugh’s great nephew) - health issues
Jim Underwood (friend of the Julers) - brain cancer
Kaitlyn Jankovsky (daughter of the Ballarta’s friend) - Leukemia
Teatsy Farris - lung cancer
Thomas Taylor - nursing home
If you have a prayer request or praise, send it to PrayForMe@stonehillchurch.org.
Church directory: You can access our church directory through the Instant Church Directory app, available for your Android, Amazon, or Apple device. Our directory is always being updated by our Communications Team. If you want to update your directory information, or if you have any questions about the directory, you can contact our administrative assistant, Meri Holm at Meri@StonehillChurch.org.
Keep up with the lastest news!
Find us on Twitter! If you're on Twitter at want to see the latest going on at Stonehill, follow us at our Twitter account: @Stonehillsda.
Our Facebook web address! www.facebook.com/stonehillsda
If you would like to have announcements listed in the bulletin or here in our weekly newsletter please email me at Meri@StonehillChurch.org. All requests have to be to me by Wednesday evening before Sabbath.
Have a Blessed Day!
Administrative Assistant, Church Office
**If you want to become a member or transfer membership from another church please get in contact with Meri Holm or email Meri@StonehillChurch.org