The Alert: With the rains come mushrooms
like this large Amanita (aka Death Cap).
The mushrooms popping up along the Montclair Railroad Trail and throughout the Bay Area can be dangerous – even deadly – to people and to pets. Highly toxic mushrooms look very similar to edible varieties, so please use extreme caution. The safest plan is to avoid touching or eating, or letting your pets or children touch or eat, ANY mushrooms.
- Keep a particularly watchful eye on your children and pets
- Wash hands thoroughly if you've touched any wild mushrooms
- Don't take any chances with wild mushrooms – even experts have been deceived
- Refer to this link and others for more information: Bay Area Mushrooms
We are looking forward to welcoming 2017 members.
If you have already joined or renewed for 2017, thank you!
Begin or renew your membership now and experience the pleasure of adding to community support for the Montclair Railroad Trail. Donate $25 or more now and your membership will run through 2017.
Your contribution is a great way to support improvements that will make your trail experience better. Dues and additional donations will be used for projects such as:
- Enhancing the LaSalle Avenue entrance to the trail.
- Installing a new community notice board, with information and educational materials for trail users
- Creating directional and other helpful signage
- Continuing to restock doggie bags
- Patching eroded asphalt surfaces to improve user safety
- Moving or replacing trash receptacles to enhance the trail environment
In addition to a cash donation, you can become a Super Supporter by pledging to volunteer for four or more monthly trail workdays (3rd Saturdays, 9-11 AM). Join our community of volunteers, make a positive difference -- and have fun too!
To donate or activate your 2017 membership, please use these links:
Remember – your contributions to FOMRRT may be tax deductible.
As a member, you can vote for the Board of Directors at our annual meeting in the Spring, or even become a candidate for board membership yourself. We welcome suggestions regarding projects and encourage members to take an active role in keeping the trail a clean and safe place to enjoy.
The FOMRRT Board of Directors
Barbara Brochard, Chair * Lin Barron, Secretary * Henry Schott, Treasurer
Jeff Kahn * Bernadette Malinoski
FOMRRT is a 509(a)3 nonprofit organization
Membership dues: $25 for households, $50 for businesses.
To help even more, please consider making an additional donation.