Homeless & Community Day
Join your Community in giving the Homeless the care and attention they need to get off the streets
On Saturday, November 12th, from 8 -11 am, Miami Beach Community Church invites the community to enjoy a cup of coffee and chat with a homeless person.
** You can help these individuals feel more human and become prepared to get off the streets. Be part of something great and help improve life in Miami Beach for all of our residents **
Health assessments and community services like haircut, barber, clothes, dentistry, etc. will be available. Individuals may also get an early lunch.
We are happy to announce that Walgreens, Beauty Schools Of America South Beach Location, Beauty Schools of America, The Salvation Army USA food truck, Starbucks, Barry University doctors & nurses, Astoria Dental at the Beach, among others, will be part of this magnificent day! We may also have news coverage! (how chic!!!)
Please share with your neighbors, condo association, local businesses!: let us know if you would like to volunteer your services.
We need donations of:
* Toiletries (Soap, Shampoo, Razors, Combs)
* Hygiene Products for Women
* Rolling Bags (Luggage, Duffel Bags with wheels)
* Dental Care (Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Mouthwash)
* Men's Clothes (All Sizes)
* Shoes (All Sizes)
* Sandals/Flip Flops (All Sizes)
* $10 Gift cards (to reward the homeless for completing the health assessment. Without incentives, unfortunately, they won't complete the process)
"Many of the homeless are trapped in a cycle of poverty. With poverty comes a lack of self-care and access to healthcare. A healthy community improves the quality of life and decreases the cost to society".
With your help the residents of Miami Beach and will be victorious in the fight against homelessness.