In this Enews
· Worship Service with prayers, special music, sermon and Moment for Stewardship
· Adult Education Class on Oct. 25 11:00 am – Q & A Stewardship
· Adult Education Class on Nov. 1 – Ruah Bull
· Wednesday Zoom Conversations – Hunger and Hope with Rick Steves video
· Doing the Work: Confronting and Addressing Our Role in Systemic Racism
· Loving Our Neighbors – Thanksgiving Food for Needy Families
· Women’s and Men’s Book Groups
· Zoom gathering instructions - Sundays 11 am, Wed 12 pm, Thurs 10 am
· Supporting our church’s ministry and mission
Church Calendar https://www.fpcsr.org/church-calendar
+ + +
Opening Hymn Love Divine, All Loves Excelling
Click here for video
Service Video – Welcome, Reading, Special Music, Sermon & Moment
Click here for video on YouTube
Click here for video on Vimeo
Welcome Pastor Cynthia Cochran-Carney
Reading Psalm 67 read by George Ridout
The Beloved is gracious to us,
a loving Presence within us;
The Radiant One shines in us.
O, that Love’s Way would be lived
throughout the earth,
Love’s abiding power embraced by all the nations.
May the people ever rejoice in You
singing songs of appreciation
for all that You, O Beloved,
freely give to us.
Let the nations listen and heed;
we are all called to live with
integrity and justice.
For you, O Blessed Counselor, will
guide every nation on earth
as the leaders and people open
their hearts and respond.
Abandoning ourselves into the
Heart of Love,
we need not worry or fret; for
Love’s grace abides wherever we are.
In Love let us make our home.
– From Psalms for Praying by Nan Merrill
Special Music "Meditation" from Thais by Jules Massenet
Wendy Loder, violin John Steiner, piano
Scripture Reading Daniel 5:23
Sermon Stewardship Means…. Good Circulation Cynthia Cochran-Carney
Click here for pdf of sermon - will be available on Sunday morning
Hymn Take My Life and Let It Be Glory to God #697
Moment for Stewardship Dan and Dori Crawford
May God give you the grace never to sell yourself short;
Grace to risk something big for something good; and
Grace to remember the world is now
too dangerous for anything but the truth and
too small for anything but love.
- by The Rev. William Sloane Coffin
+ + +
Online Service Production Team
Martha Wall, John Steiner, Alan Choy and Cynthia Cochran-Carney
Filming & Video Production – Karyn Kleinman
Songs included in this service are covered by streaming copyright license
One License #A-706502