We've had a busy and exciting spring at the Demmer.
- May 8 - we celebrated the official groundbreaking for the remodel and expansion project (top picture, left to right: Vicki Reuling, Design and Construction Committee president; Mike Murphy, Greenfire (contractor) project manager; Bob Werner, Three Lakes Public Library Foundation president; Paul Kaiser, Demmer Board of Trustees president; Steve Garbowicz, town board supervisor; Dr. George Karling, Three Lakes School District superintendent; David Hintz, Oneida County Board chair; Jon Rynish, Hoffman project architect; Sue Harris, Town of Three Lakes clerk; Bill Hayes, Three Lakes Historical Society president)
- May 16 - Spring Fling fundraiser at the Black Forest raised $4,500 for the furnishings fund. $850 was raised from Books for Bucks with many thanks to the local businesses that donated prizes, and $1,235 from the cake auction - oh, those cakes! Worth every penny.
- Three Lakes Community Foundation presented the Three Lakes Public Library Foundation with a check for $5,113 for purchase of conference equipment for the new library meeting rooms. (bottom left, pictured standing, left to right: Bob Werner, TLPLF; John Olkowski, 3L Community Funds; Dianna Blicharz, TLPLF; Ann Blamey, 3L Community Funds; Gary Williams, 3L Community Funds; seated: Erica Brewster, Demmer Library director; John Stauner, 3L Community Funds; Vicki Reuling, TLPLF.)
- Construction continues, with weekly construction meetings and continued planning for funishings, shelving, signage, and much more.
- The Demmer kicks of their 2nd round of "Building a Better World" as their 2018 summer theme as we welcome back our summer residents and visitors.