Dear Friends, Pray With Us!
There’s a shout in the camp, starting each morning at at 04:30 am when the students rise with the song “Vou a Batalha!” (We are going to war!) This is not the place for those who like to sleep in. Sometimes I pull the pillow over my head for a few more moments of sleep. Other times I leap up to join them.
And that’s just the beginning. At 06:45 we all meet for prayer followed by praise and worship and Word till 08:30. Then classes start. During class the students spontaneously erupt into more prayer and praise as they grab hold of a spiritual truth that causes them to shout for joy. Even during their break in the afternoon they can be heard in groups in the forest, practicing their preaching, singing and praying.
At the same time, strong intercession is being made for those caught in flood regions. We are pouring out our hearts like water, laying hold of the horns of the altar on behalf of those in peril, those who have lost their homes and are sleeping out in the open with no food to eat. Some of these are our own AWYesu church members and family. This place is saturated with prayer, the anointing strong, the Presence of God tangible. Even so, we value and need your partnership in prayer. Thank you for joining with us, in these days of heavy rain, terrible roads, journeys with mud up to and beyond the axle, and also in these days of incredible harvest.
We include some points of specific prayer needed.
- In some areas the roads have been cut due to floods, no vehicles can pass.
- Village homes are made of poles and mud, many have collapsed totally, people have been crushed, some washed away by the flood, lost all their possessions including food and utensils to cook with.
- Our students who come from the worst affected areas have had to return home as their houses have fallen, also homes of family members and church members.
- We sent the students off with the full armour of God. Fear paralyses, clouds judgment and brings confusion. We sent them off with the assurance that the waters would not overwhelm them, and that in these extreme circumstances God was sending them out to be a light in the darkness. We sent them off in love, power and a sound mind and the means to help those we are directly connected to.
- Now we are preparing a Team to go on Thursday, loaded with plastic for makeshift roofing, mosquito nets, clothing, whatever we can fit on.
- The need is huge, it is impossible to help everyone, but it is possible to show love and compassion.
- We are deeply moved by some of our members bringing some of the little finances they have, to send to Zambezia Province this week in response to this year’s watchword, “Come over into Macedonia and Help Us!”
- According to the weather report, the worst is yet to come, but we believe the report of the Lord in answer to our prayers and yours.
This is a time of harvest. We will love, give, the people will live and a great soul harvest is about to come in!
Thank you for standing with us. Thank you for helping us make a difference in Mozambique during good times and bad times, rain, sunshine, winds and storms…. "Arise, Shine, for the Light has come, and the Glory of the Lord is Risen upon us!"
In Jesus’ Love!
Rod & Ellie and Team.