Please join us tomorrow, Wednesday 13th May at 19:00 BST for our next RSCDS online class. Link to join:
Where in the world will we be? And who is the next “Mystery Teacher”?
Each week a different RSCDS Teacher is there to guide you through a mixture of basic movements, warm ups, technique, steps and dances, giving variety across the classes.
Live every Wednesday, the class will give you the chance to dance with RSCDS members around the world at the same time. Hosted on Zoom, the classes deliver live video and instruction, with the opportunity to post written Q&As throughout the session, which are answered throughout each class. You can also post messages on the ‘Chat’ area of the Webinar to other dancers.
Across the classes we are aiming to provide content for a range of abilities and will aim to have something everyone can join in with, in every class.
The classes are recorded and shared through Dance Scottish At Home on the following Friday for those who can’t make a Wednesday evening, especially those in a different time zone. They are also available through the RSCDS Website.
We’ve had really good feedback on the first classes and a few questions on how to improve the experience – hopefully the hints and tips at the bottom of this mailing will help, especially on how to move the chat window on your screen.
As we did last week, we will extend the time available at the end of the class for those who wish to continue chatting and have questions from the class.
We look forward to seeing you sign in online, joining with dancers around the world as we dance together.
RSCDS ONLINE CLASS HINTS AND TIPS
19:00 BST means - 7pm in Edinburgh; 2pm in New York; 6am in Auckland; 9pm in Moscow.
- Timing of the classes for those in different time zones:
- Please do use ‘Chat’ as an opportunity to connect with each other.
- If you find the ‘Chat’ area impinges on viewing the teacher, ‘Chat’ can be opened at the side of the screen. Or move to Full Screen move, click on Chat and drag the box with the bar at the top to a less distracting part of the screen.
- Clicking to All Panellists and Attendees will enable others to see your comments.
- Please be aware ‘Chat’ comments will be recorded as text with the class, so you may want to register with just a first name when registering for the class if you have any privacy concerns.
- Please join at 7 and class will start after approximately 5 minutes.
- The teacher won’t be able to see all your questions and comments as they teach, but we will be across the issues that arise, aiming to deal with all as quickly as we can.
- The classes will be kept to within a half hour slot, as learning remotely will be a different experience for everyone.
- You will need to register your name and an email address, but that should take you straight into the session.
- Your camera and microphone will not be active.
- Please be mindful at all times of your own safety and wellbeing as you will be in your home environment.