ABU General Assembly
Last month, the Asia Broadcasting Union (ABU) held a very successful General Assembly in Turkey with over 600 delegates from Asia and around the world attending. The DRM Consortium was represented by the Chairman, Ruxandra Obreja, Alexander Zink (Fraunhofer IIS/Deputy Chairman DRM) and Lindsay Cornell (BBC/ DRM Technical Committee Chair). In addition to the meetings (including the ABU Technical Committee and Radio Programme Committee) which the Consortium attended, the Consortium held a VIP event during the ABU’s “Women on the Wave” celebrations. Read more
DRM Welcomes Radio Republik Indonesia (RRI) as Member & Signs Cooperation Agreement to Introduce DRM Digital Radio Technology in 2016
The DRM Consortium warmly welcomed a new member, the Indonesian public radio broadcaster RRI. As well as joining the DRM family, the two organisations signed a cooperation agreement to introduce DRM Technology in Indonesia in 2016. The official signing took place during the ABU General Assembly in Turkey where RRI also received an award. Read more
DRM Indian-made Receiver Goes on Sale on Amazon India
Convinced of the superior quality of DRM, Communications System Inc (Avion) set about becoming the first company in India to manufacture a DRM receiver, as one of the world’s largest radio digitisation rolls out countrywide. Having recently commercially launched the DRM digital radio receiver AV-DR-1401 it is now available on amazon.in. The receiver offers the full set of features including: DRM/AM/FM Stereo Reception; MW/SW/FM Bands; DRM Journaline Data; DRM Scrolling Text; DRM Program Recording; Auto Scan and Manual Tuning; DRM Emergency Warning; Unicode Character Support; 100 Station Memory; Music/Photos playback from Micro SD Card; Multiple Language Support; Realtime Clock; MOT Slideshow; Service Mode; DRM AFS and Battery Indicator.
All India Radio DRM Digital Roll-Out Continues
More DRM transmissions from All India Radio (AIR):
- AIR Mumbai> - is testing in DRM mode on 1044 kHz and the Asmita channel is available as simulcast on DRM mode at 568 kHz (558 kHz, Analogue)
- AIR Jabalpur (M.P) all set for digital Radio transmission
- AIR Jammu - With effect from 5th November Radio Kashmir, Jammu has started simulcast transmission of its primary service programmes with AM on 990 kHz & DRM on 1000 kHz. AIR Jammu also broadcast a discussion programme " Radio Kashmir, Jammu broadcasts on DRM, what does this means to a Radio Listener? " on Thursday, the 12th of Nov at 7:25 A.M in which DDG(E) Radio Kashmir, Jammu K.K.Singh along with Shailesh Raina explained DRM to the listeners in conversation with Nitish Arora.
- Panaji AIR Panaji - 1297 KHz - 100 KW - was heard on DRM mode on 11th Nov, 0130 UTC on MW. The station was broadcasting on both analogue and DRM mode in nearby frequencies. Analogue frequency: 1287 kHz whereas the simulcast DRM Frequency was 1297 kHz. The Signal was clearin Kerala (supplied from Brijesh Pookkottur by Alokesh Gupta) and Debanjan Chakraborty from Kolkata shared this video: BBC DRM transmission on 17790 kHz to South Asia from 0800 to 0900 UTC.
- AIR Bangalore DRM transmission heard in Russia. twitter.com/border555/stat… (shared by ADGE-WZ-Project-Ajay @VU2DED
- New DRM receiver at HPT Panaji (Bambolim),Goa
DRM Broadcast Schedules from BBC and All India Radio
BBC content broadcast from London studios and received on the new DRM Indian made receiver.
New programme schedules are now also available on the DRM website including:
BBC DRM Schedules:
Saturday cricket programme ‘Stumped’ – a BBC, ABC and AIR co-production is available on DRM weekly at 8 p.m. local time
All India Radio Schedules:
AIR DRM B15 schedule - DRM transmissions from Khampur (Delhi) for external services.
Brazil - So what now radio?
Marcelo Goedert reflects on the current issues facing the Brazilian radio sector. Read more
DRM German Platform meets in Cologne
The DRM German DRM Platform met November 3-4 in Cologne at the invitation of the well-known distribution company Media Broadcast. The oldest DRM country group was updated and discussed the most recent DRM global activities, with special focus on Denmark and other European countries. Joachim Lehnert, the German DRM Platform chairman, reports. Read more
DRM German platform study on the Comparison of the Coverage and Transmitting Power between DRM+ and DAB/DAB+ in VHF Band III. Available here.
DRM in Action
A new video showcasing DRM in action is now available. Click here to download.