Research has shown that with every new message or alert, our brains get a hit of dopamine — and the novelty is addictive.
Expectations for immediate attention and response to technology and media triggers keep us in a constant state of hurry.
TRY ONE OF THESE:
- Charge your phone away from your bed
- Avoid email first thing in the morning
- Turn off notifications and alerts
- Do a full-day Digital Detox
- Schedule a check-in with yourself every two weeks to assess how well you’re doing with the tips above