Truro Cycling Club Meeting 13th March 2023

Present: Martin Higman, Chris Fearnley, Graham Hindson (acting chair), James Manthorp, Paul Charlesworth, Melinda Rickett, Mark Hilton, Dave Rickett. Apologies: Jane Rickard, David Piper, Richard Chart.
Matters Arising: a) Brittany Trip Chris confirmed 3 spaces left in the accommodation. This was publicised in the last newsletter. Pay for accommodation once we are there. Still need to work out logistics of getting to ferry.
b) Charity Ride: Still to be discussed.
c) Structured training rides: James noted that there had been some interest in these by club members and they will go ahead in the format of around 1 – 2 hour rides plus coffee, depending on the training goal. Eg Bissoe / Ladock Valley. James to get clarification that his running coach experience is transferable to cycling. Likely to take place at weekends. AGM a) Venue Truro Golf Club Tuesday 11th April 7pm – till approx 10pm Room hire £30
b) Pasties to be ordered by the Golf Club – TCC to let Golf Club know order by Friday 9th April. Pasties @£5 each
c) Agenda for the evening: Discussion followed about what were the minimum members required on the committee to successfully run a club. Discussion ranged from just being a ‘whats app’ group to arrange rides with the Ride Hub; to full committee, and anything in between. Decided to have a group discussion at AGM with the members present about what they want the club to be. If it was decided members wanted the club to run in its present form then we need members to commit time to help on committee or volunteer for roles eg ride leaders. Do we need all the current roles? Could some be combined? Agreed we would circulate information about the AGM date/time/are you coming Y/N, which type of pasty / but also asking 2 questions about their thoughts on the club, ahead of the AGM, to facilitate a group discussion. Also to ask club members if they would like write some words about Dave Bennett to compile to read out at AGM as a eulogy. We could then pass these onto Linda?. Melinda to ask Rob if he would write a paragraph. Can’t remember who agreed to read this out? Melinda agreed to compile the text for the bulletin and Chris agreed to send out using the Mailchimp circulation list of members.  Then James and Melinda receive all replies. Melinda to write and circulate to committee for approval before Chris sending to members. We need to elect a new chair at AGM and minute this to enable the club to replace Dave Bennett as a bank signatory along with Paul Charlesworth. Could we have only quarterly club meetings inc AGM? Role of Chair really only needs a light touch – come to meetings/ be on bank account and be interested in the club and its development. Bare minimum committee roles: Chair / Secretary /Treasurer Other roles if we can fill: Kit / Social Media / Newsletter production / Website/ Marketing Agreed to ask for the chairs / tables at Golf Club to be arranged in circular format to aid a group discussion. James to act as MC for the evening
d) Speaker – various options discussed. Agreed PC to ask Fred at Clive Mitchell’s for a suitable speaker in the cycling industry eg specialized. Option b could be Fi Lundle British cycling downhill Physio
e) Unlikely to be time for Quiz if we have a speaker – but if no speaker then possible quiz (ask Jane?)
f) Kit – Chris to bring kit items with him for club to sell on night plus bidons/socks/buffs (need a volunteer for this?)
g) Raffle – Paul to bring raffle tickets (need a volunteer to sell tickets)Prizes – bidon / socks / buff (anything else?) tour of Britain print?? h) Paul to bring standing order forms to AGM
i) Trophies –Speaker to present if we have one
Secretary’s Report: Jane unwell
Treasurer’s Report £688.99 in bank account / £1,003.81 on deposit account 2 subs received and Cycling UK membership paid
Racing Secretary’s Report: James discussed any likely fallout from being involved in the reorganised TT over the Easter weekend with Penzance Wheelers as Giant Helston have had to be withdrawn from hosting this event. Decided to see how this pans out before we get involved. 
Passmore Edwards Cycling Challenge – Melinda obtained info about this from organisers. Still waiting for gpx files of the route. Once received Martin to cut up files into more manageable ride distances and put on Ride Hub.
AOB New Membership Cards – design agreed and reprint cost agreed £36 plus vat for qty x 100 off. Paul to collect from Printers. Jamie preparing artwork gratis. Change instagram to / use QR code to take you directly to ride hub / delete other logos except TCC.
Website amends – MR thanked Mark and Chris for doing amends – still a few outstanding and MR sent MH an email about this (dated 06/03/23)
Next Meeting:  AGM 11th April 2023 7pm at Truro Golf Club. 
James to Chair.
Copyright © 2023 Truro Cycling Club, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp