Date: September 1, 2020
From: The Session and Building Committee of Christ the King
To: Members & Friends
Re: Update on our building project
Dear Christ the King Church friends, family and snowbirds,
To God be the glory, great things He is doing! We have made some exciting progress on our building plans for the church…even in the midst of this pandemic. What is even more encouraging, is that we have had many new people coming to worship with us this summer. The Lord is building His church as He promised!
We have divided the new church construction project into two phases, and we are almost ready to move forward with Phase-1, which would include a Fellowship Hall (our initial worship area), Kitchen, Nursery, Offices, Restrooms and a few class rooms. Phase-2 would add a large sanctuary and more classrooms. All that remains is to raise the funds to begin construction!
The purpose of this letter is to give you the latest update on the financial aspect of the building project for our 5-acre parcel on Santa Barbara Blvd. For easy reading, we have put the information below in bullet-points:
- After significant cost cutting and revisions, our estimate to construct Phase-1 is $3,610,000
- We are very encouraged to report that “in-kind” donations from our contractor and subcontractors is $160,000 to date, with more to come.
- Currently, our Building Fund has $1,500,000 from the generous giving of God’s people.
- We are now seeking to raise approximately $2,000,000 in cash donation commitments and “in-kind” work in the next 2 months to start building later this fall.
- We have received several donations of stock, real estate, and even retirement accounts.
- Our goal is to move forward “debt free” so that we can be free to continue with the ministry of the Gospel and not be burdened with mortgage debt.
- Construction may begin this fall (2020) with a move-in date in the fall of 2021.
- Phase-1 includes many things that are important and necessary for Phase-2 which substantially affects our Phase-1 costs.
- Collier County Building and Zoning Committee has finally approved our plans!
Lastly, please pray for God to provide “immeasurably more” than we could ask or imagine. We have spent much time in prayer and believe that this is the way God is leading us. We are also well aware that Naples is a very expensive real estate and construction market, but this is the field where He has placed us. Please give this prayerful consideration and contact me with any questions or concerns and feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in helping us build.
Sincerely, in Christ,
Jerry Baker, for the Session of Christ the King OPC ~ (616) 437-2077
(Elder and Chairman of the Building Committee)