Out of left field - February 2017
At GKP we always keep an eye out for the most interesting and unusual university stories to make the headlines. These are our favourites from last month that we think really deserve a second airing. Did your institution make our Top 10?
10. Fighting fire with fire: The university using ketamine to tackle alcohol addiction (UCL)
9. Staying stagnant: The research revealing that wages will be "no higher" in 2020 than they were in 2004 (Cambridge)
8. Poor visibility: The university developing technology to make drones more visible (Harper Adams)
7. Career change: The university suggesting that six in 10 Londoners will look for a new job in January (Open)
6. Coping mechanisms: The psychologists suggesting that men seek sex to deal with stress while women comfort eat (UCL)
5. Questionable cures: The professor suggesting the best cure for a cough is chocolate (Hull)
4. Professor of play: The university advertising for a professor of Lego (Cambridge)
3. Feeling stressed?: The lecturer suggesting you should masturbate at work (Nottingham Trent)
2. Clean eating: The academics who've developed an app which prevents you from craving unhealthy foods (Exeter)
1. Brain drain: The university suggesting that it would only take zombies 100 days to take over the Earth (Leicester)
Want to make sure that your research and news stories make next month's Top 10 list? Send us a link of your best headline to firstname.lastname@example.org At the end of the year we'll give away a case of champagne to the person that sends in our favourite story.
Gerard Kelly & Partners (GKP) is a communications consultancy specialising in education.
We work exclusively with organisations in education and businesses with an interest in education.