Today, let's focus on where we're looking for connection.
Find a quiet space. Sit up tall, and close your eyes. Set a timer for one to two minutes per movement so that you can be fully present (or increase the time if you want a longer experience).
First, pay attention to God.
Take slow, deep breaths. Focus on the spot that you feel the breath in your body.
- As you breathe in, think, "Your nearness..."
- As you breathe out, think, "... is my good" (Psalm 73:28).
Second, ponder your inner world.
Process the following with Jesus:
- What or who am I determining is a better good than God's nearness?
- Ask for forgiveness, and seek to enjoy God's presence for the next few moments.
Third, prepare to love others.
Ask Jesus to help you answer the following:
- Jesus, who in my life needs my presence?
- How can I draw near to them in love this week?
A closing prayer:
Jesus, you are closer than my skin.
Yet, I distract myself with a busy schedule and a busier soul. I hurry and scurry this way and that, searching for goodness and love.
Slow me down and help me see you — calm and care for me.
Bring me joy that I might share your joyful presence with others.
Peace be with you until next week,
I'd love to connect with you on Facebook or Twitter.
If you're wondering, this is why I lead you to focus on your breath.
If you missed last week’s article, check out Lessons from Life on Side B.
If you enjoyed this experience, share it so that others can too.