Today, let's focus on what we long for Jesus to make new.
Find a quiet space. Sit up tall, and close your eyes. Set a timer for one to two minutes per movement so that you can be fully present (or increase the time if you want a longer experience).
First, pay attention to God.
Take slow, deep breaths. Focus on the spot that you feel the breath in your body.
- As you breathe in, think, "Jesus will make..."
- As you breathe out, think, "... all things new" (Revelation 21:5).
Second, ponder your inner world.
Process the following with Jesus:
- What are the broken things in my life that I long to be made whole?
- What emotions do I feel around those parts of my life? (Hold these before the Lord and cast them on Jesus)
Third, prepare to love others.
Ask Jesus to help you answer the following:
- What actions do you want me to take to bring wholeness to this brokenness?
- What do you want me to surrender and let go?
A closing prayer:
Broken-things fill my world and divide my soul. They shatter my peace, hope, and love.
The world needs a makeover — beautiful and fresh.
Lord, renovate my interior spaces to be more hospitable to you and the fractured parts of myself. Bring me back together that I might be an ambassador of a better way — a way of wholeness, of hope, and broken-things made new.
Peace be with you until next week,
I'd love to connect with you on Facebook or Twitter.
If you're wondering, this is why I lead you to focus on your breath.
If you missed last week’s article, check out How Do We Change.
If you enjoyed this experience, share it so that others can too.