Today, let's focus on our need for endurance.
Find a quiet space. Sit up tall, and close your eyes. Set a timer for one to two minutes per movement so that you can be fully present (or increase the time if you want a longer experience).
First, pay attention to God.
Take slow, deep breaths. Focus on the spot that you feel the breath in your body.
- As you breathe in, think, "Jesus, help me..."
- As you breathe out, think, "... to be patient under pressure" (Romans 12:12).
Second, ponder your inner world.
Process the following with Jesus:
- What challenges feel too weighty right now?
- How can I cast my cares on you, Jesus?
Third, prepare to love others.
Ask Jesus to help you answer the following:
- How is my stress negatively impacting my relationships?
- How can I bring God's peace into stressful interactions this week?
A closing prayer:
Father, your word tells me that I will face trials and tribulations. You tell me I must endure life's pressures with patience and know you're working all things together for my good. Yet sometimes the weight of it all feels like too much!
Jesus, help me to see how you endured hardship. Help me to follow in your faithful footsteps. Please grant me the strength to face the many challenges before me. Holy Spirit, direct my eyes toward Jesus in all my difficulties — that I might see him more clearly and love him more dearly.
Peace be with you until next week,
I'd love to connect with you on Facebook or Twitter.
If you're wondering, this is why I lead you to focus on your breath.
If you missed this week’s article, check out Tenet - Faith to Keep Doing Good.
If you enjoyed this experience, share it so that others can too.